Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to the following)
· Performing the installation, maintenance, repair and operation of mechanical, electrical and power generation equipment and systems to support the office environment.
· Operates systems in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with government regulatory compliance and standard operating procedures.
· Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude towards customers at all times.
· Communicating clearly and professionally with customers, team members, service partners and vendors in-person orally, via telephone, and via written medium to include email.
· Ability to quickly learn building control, electrical and life safety systems, utilizing on the job training, operations manuals and documentation.
· Performs predictive, planned, preventative and routine maintenance as well as equipment rounds and service requests as directed. Performs maintenance in accordance with the JLL Preventative Maintenance Program. Assist with the development and improvement of preventative maintenance programs, schedules, work instructions, SOP’s and operational procedures.
· Inspects and repairs pumps, fans, valves, and motors ensuring proper operation of the client equipment and systems.
· Performs all duties in a safe manner and in accordance with established work standards and practices.
· Performs visual and operational inspection of associated equipment and interprets specifications, blueprints and job standards to perform assigned duties.
· Establishes work procedures to meet production schedules.
· Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product, suggesting changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of department, shop, or work crew.
· Determines and/or assists with analyzing and resolving work problems and achieving work goals
· Maintains time and production records and customer service requests utilizing a variety of computer/technology tools.
· Must be comfortable and flexible enough to work with a wide-ranging and changing scope of responsibilities while adhering to the constraints of procedures put in place to minimize the risk for human error.
· Team player with the desire to foster teamwork to help create a positive working environment.
· Control the daily operation of all mechanical equipment in the physical plant and buildings.
· Perform maintenance and repairs to the Mechanical, Plumbing, Structural, Fire, Life Safety, and Control systems for the facility to keep these systems up to applicable standards.
· Maintains responsibility for tenant services, preventative maintenance, purchasing and inventory control, contracted maintenance, general maintenance and technical proficiency.
· Monitoring operation and maintaining refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment, heating, ventilating and hot water equipment, pumps, valves, piping and filters, other mechanical and electrical equipment.
· Performs and/or completes all tenant service requests accurately and expediently.
· Able to evaluate building systems to monitor and to improve performance and operating efficiency.
· Complies with all policies and procedures established for the building, including safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials while maintaining a clean and safe workplace.
· Participates in the on-call engineer rotation for the portfolio of office buildings.
· Actively participates in emergency response procedures, technical and safety training programs.
· Perform all work using the proper safety equipment and in a safe manner
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Education & Experience: A high school diploma or GED is required. A minimum four (4) years of experience in the building maintenance industry and accredited trade school degree in HVAC, electronic, or other industry related trade. Union training and certification is also acceptable. Must have Universal CFC certification. Should be knowledgeable in the safe and proper use of the following tools: ladders, lifts, basic hand tools, volt meter, manual drain auger, safety goggles, ear protection, and fire extinguisher.
· Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as load balancing, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Have the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Computer Skills: Ability to use the Microsoft Office suite of tools (including Outlook and Excel). Skilled in the operation of Building Automation systems. Ability to correspond clearly and professionally using electronic means to include email and mobile devices. Ability to utilize web-based systems for resource identification, training and reporting.
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format.
· Physical Demands: Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock, moving mechanical parts and heights up to 30. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions as well as very cold and uncomfortable heat while inside and out of the facility. The noise level in the work environment is at times moderately loud.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.