Brokerage Assistant – Industrial Team
We are currently seeking a Brokerage Assistant to support our brokerage team. This role provides administrative support under the direct supervision of a combined team. The BA will work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
· Provide support to the team in technology applications, i.e., CRM, In-Design, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other company supported programs.
· Working in JLL software to track deals, commission calculations, and help with providing documentation to close out deals
· Business-related travel arrangements for brokers
· Assist brokers with brokerage and marketing events for property
· Tracking lease expiration dates for brokers so they know when to reach out on renewals or expansions (retaining business)
· Maintaining internal Industrial marketing lists
· Updating property activity reports for broker calls
· Drafting new listing agreements – along with tracking listing agreements on properties, and obtaining listing agreement extensions when close to expiration
· Updating Master listing sheet and matrix sheets when adding new properties or changing information
· Prepare and execute expense reports on a regular and timely basis.
· Create and maintain filing system and efficient information retrieval system.
· Schedule appointments and coordinate calendars.
· Coordinate and attend meetings - record, type, distribute minutes as needed, and ordering lunch.
· Perform clerical duties to include photocopying, mailing and faxing documents.
· Produce timely and accurate word-processed documents (reports, memos, proposals, charts, agreements, PowerPoint presentations, etc.)
· Assist other teams, disciplines or business units, when required.
· Prompt and consistent attendance as required by the job.
· Submit check requests for the team to Corporate Accounts Payable department.
· Tracking invoices – when we should be paid – if we have been paid – when to send a 2nd invoice if necessary
· Help keep the front lobby, conference rooms, kitchen and workroom clean and organized.
· Help answer phone calls to the main office line and maintain mailbox when necessary.
· Greet guests at reception area when necessary.
Marketing Related Responsibilities:
· Prepare and distribute marketing materials/packages and tour books.
· Active liaison with marketing department (ex: planning client events)
· Coordinate/manage mailings, partner with marketing department and/or external vendor as needed.
· Manage process of distribution, list updates and activity reporting.
· Process and submit proposals.
· Manage the workflow and approval process.
· Produce status reports, as needed.
· Assist team with preparing and updating client-specific reports.
· Contact internal and external resources for information.
· Assist and participate as needed for industry functions or client events.
· Work with appropriate contact to maintain intranet/extranet sites for client and property purposes.
· It is expected that the assistant will have direct contact with some of the brokers representing prospects and will request updates from them.
· Support the team in utilizing Outlook, CRM / Sales Lite and other, data entry and maintenance for the purposes of direct marketing and client relationship development.
· Sending responses to broker requests for information on the properties, including rates and OPEX – fielding questions external brokers may have – in addition, updating the corresponding prospect report with information sent out
· Sending out property mailers
· Assist with Request for Proposal responses for the brokers
· Provide research (prospect, client, etc.) via online, offline and third-party resources and provide industry-related news, as needed, partnering with research department.
· Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience required.
· Workplace experience, minimum of 2 years in administrative support role – a marketing background is preferred.
· Advanced Microsoft office product knowledge – In Design, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
· Adaptability – Maintain effectiveness in varying environments, tasks and responsibilities, or with various types of people.
· Planning and Organizing – establish course of action to accomplish goals and evaluates results, develops schedules and task/people assignments, can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals, uses resources effectively and efficiently.
· Customer Focus – dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the external and internal customer, acts with customer in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers, and gains their trust and respect.
· Dealing with Ambiguity – can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty. Be able to work independently and create/maintain processes for own workload. Interested in learning new skillsets and enhancing procedures to help the team be more efficient.
· Indiana Broker License preferred but not required.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.