• Acts as the point of contact and escalation for support groups and internal businesses during recovery of major incidents.
• Identifies an incident owner to lead the incident process during major incidents.
• Ensures appropriate escalation procedures are followed as required.
• Assesses impact and progress during major incidents to ensure escalation is timely and appropriate
• Enters incident details in the incident management tool in a timely manner with accurate information.
• Provides accurate and timely communications on impact to the appropriate distribution lists and senior management
• Ensure correct inputs to the Incident Management process
• Drives governance around incident management, for example, ensure an incident ticket is opened, escalated, updated, and closed accordingly
• Establishes regular communication with relevant IT management and the business regarding the status of incident tickets and adherence to the incident management process
• Contributes to evolving and maturing the incident management process so it integrates with other processes (problem and change management) and tools
• Leverages incident management best practices and process frameworks, such as the ITIL, to drive continual process improvement.
• Participates in hypercare calls, and manages the day-to-day use of incident management tools.
• Once Incidents are closed, write Problem cases for those Major / qualifying Incidents to be reviewed with relevant stakeholders.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Technical Support Representative
State / Province
Primary job category
(0063) IBM India Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to speak at an appropriate technical and business level for the audience and prepare written proposals and recommendations
• A focus on customer/business satisfaction, with strong interpersonal skills and responsiveness
• Knowledge of Service management tools and ITIL best practices
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Proven ability to build and manage relationships effectively
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills; ability to handle multiple incidents/demands simultaneously while adapting to constantly changing requirements.
• Ability to drive process improvement to continually improve service and reduce costs
• Understands strategic business objectives and proposes relevant technical solutions and alternatives
• Ability to communicate with all levels of technical and management staff
• Flexible (in relation to working hours)
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
• CRM Application knowledge
• Strong Team Player
• Good Analytical Skills
• Basic DB2/SQL knowledge
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Knowledge on Agile would be an added advantage
Secondary Job Category
Other Product Services
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
You are a Level 2 Application Support Analyst, who will be responsible to ensure that major incidents are managed effectively and professionally, resulting in the restoration of normal service quickly, efficiently and with minimal impact to customer service. Upon resolution of the incident, they will ensure that the correct follow up actions are identified and assigned. Post the Incident Management phase, it is also expected to ensure all Major Incidents are reviewed and Problem managed to ensure all aggravating factors and RCA are investigated and addressed through Post Incident Review meetings with the relevant parties & Stake holders.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.