Role Title: Software Engineer
Business: Global Banking & Markets IT
Role Purpose / Description
As a developer, the successful candidate will be expected to perform the following duties with a high level of competence:
* Work with other team members and liaise with nominated business stakeholders when required to ensure that business requirements are fully understood before commencing design and development.
* Implement best-of-breed technical solutions based on agreed technical design, adopting industry standard development patterns and methodologies (including continuous integration and automated unit and integration testing)
* Fully test implemented solutions in advance of User Acceptance Testing
* Assist (when required) with the deployment of components to development and test environments
* Developers in our team are expected to own the end to end delivery of software from analysis through to release to production and support. We work in small iterative cycles and typically release software weekly to production.
* Everyone in our team releases code to production, everyone in our team raises production change requests, everyone in our team does production support. Everyone.
* Participate in intra-day and overnight Support.
Ideal candidate profile
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
• Microservices application development, e.g. RESTful, JSON, BasicAuth, OAuth, JWT, etc
• Web application development with Java and spring framework… e.g. spring core, spring boot, spring web, spring integration, spring cloud, spring security, etc…
• Agile/DevOps practice, GitHub, Maven, Unit Test, Integration Test, Performance Test, CI/CD, Jenkins, UNIX shell script, etc
• Oracle database, SQL, PLSQL, etc
• Strong commitment/accountability
• Able to present ideas effectively in either Mandarin or Cantonese. Good in read and written English
About HSBC Technology China
We develop, implement and support software and IT services and processes that allow HSBC to remain at the forefront of high-quality banking systems. We develop and maintain systems for HSBC's global businesses, as well as support functions such as Finance, HR and Risk. We work across a range of technology platforms and development disciplines, from mainframe to mobile technologies.
Our team includes software engineers and developers, architects, testers, IT and business analysts, consultants and programme and project managers, as well as team leadership and management roles. We employ people in almost all the countries and territories in which HSBC operates. Two locations of HSBC Technology China, including Guangzhou and Xi'an, are world-class technology hubs with industrial delivery capability.
Some careers grow faster than others
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further