Relationship Support Officer – Business Banking
Some careers prize diversity more than others If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
When joining HSBC Commercial Banking UK, you will become a valued member of our team, we take the time to get to know you and there will be many tailored development opportunities along the way to support your career to grow as much as you want. We can offer you a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity, shared parental and adoption pay, and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution. But this is only the start, we work closely with our colleagues to understand their life balance needs and we support them with several schemes and initiatives. We can't wait to tell you about our ways of working, wellbeing agenda and our healthiest human system.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Relationship Support Officer
HSBC Business Banking in the UK provides commercial banking services to our existing and prospective clients who have a turnover of up to 6.5M
The role of the Relationship Support Officer is to work closely with the Relationship Managers, whilst supporting the bank's long-term strategy to lead business by establishing and maintaining long term relationships with our clients, treating customers fairly, identifying and delivering solutions to meet their needs, whilst providing excellent customer service.
What is attractive about this role is the diverse and varied duties you would undertake on a day to day basis. Working closely with the Relationship Managers you will gain extensive knowledge of the Business Banking structure. The Relationship Support Officer role offers fantastic career progression opportunities within Commercial Banking with a natural progression path into many roles to give you a long and rewarding career
Your responsibilities will include:
· Being an ambassador for HSBC and develop the bank's profile in the local business and wider community
· Assisting Relationship Managers in delivering a relationship management service which provides value-added service to customers, prospects and professionals
· Delivering a superior customer experience
· Ensuring processes and procedures are completed accurately is in accordance with Financial Conduct Authority
· Processing credit applications
· Maintaining awareness of operational risk within assigned portfolio and minimise the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting.
Ideal candidate profile
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
· Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Customer related
· A track record of gaining an understanding of customers' needs and delivering excellent customer service
· Achieved targets and met expectations whilst supporting and encouraging others to do the same
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered
· Experience of making timely and rational decisions
· An understanding of the regulatory frameworks and compliance requirements associated with financial services and experience of working within these
The base location for this role is Chelmsford.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC Commercial Banking UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a health work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly
Recruitment Helpdesk :
Telephone: +44 2078328500