HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the largest and leading international bank in Canada. HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,800 offices in 66 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa
We help companies and individuals across Canada to manage their finances through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
It's this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired and collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
About Retail Banking & Wealth Management
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide, helping them manage their day – to day finances and save for the future. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division. We are committed to building long-term relationships with our customers, offering products and services to help them reach their goals and aspirations. We continue to exponentially grow our market share in Canada year on year.
Key Objectives for Premium Banker:
Help customers achieve their financial ambitions. If you're looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfill your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
In this role, you will:
· Develop and retain relationships with existing customers through active management of portfolios and ensuring solutions continually meet customer's needs as well as exceeding customer expectations in terms of speed, efficiency and professionalism.
· Attract new customers by understanding their financial needs and delivering high standards of service quality. This involves getting client referrals and promotion of products and service offerings that's right for the customer.
· The Premium Banker will also support teller transactions and handle cash, as required.
· Maintain HSBC regulatory standards.
· Act as a Brand Ambassador for HSBC Bank Canada, delivering exceptional customer experiences by building and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing customers.
· In addition to a competitive salary this role, when you join our team, from day one you'll have access to a competitive benefits package, including:
· Generous time off program
· Ongoing learning and development
· Personal wellness account to purchase health and fitness goods and services to suit individual needs
· Generous health and dental benefit insurance
· Employee discount banking advantages
· Future international career opportunities
So, do you want a career rather than just a job? Some of our most successful senior employees started their careers in our branch network.
Does this sound like you? If so, apply today to join HSBC, a truly global organisation, and start your journey.
Ideal candidate profile
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
· 2 - 3 years of experience in a customer facing role in the banking industry.
· Have Completed or willing to obtain with HSBC support: - Mutual fund license, Investment Funds in Canada Course; Canadian Investment Funds Course; or Canadian Securities Course. For Quebec only, ICB certificate of achievement
· Possess keen interest and stays current with the financial market and economy
· Takes pride in customer satisfaction and advising customers what's best to meet their financial ambitions.
· Understands / speaks second language is an asset.
· Strong technical skills in wealth management.
· Sound knowledge of digital / online banking and sponsoring digital engagement for customers.
· Have a passion for continuously delivering superior customer experience.
· Pride yourself on consistently delivering personalized, friendly & efficient service at all times.
· Ability to safeguard the bank by holding difficult conversations with your customers on subjects like Anti-Money Laundering, sanctions, complaint handling, and estate planning
In 2018, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine. HSBC was also the first company to be recognized as a top performer in gender diversity within the financial services sector, as part of a new Corporate Knights initiative to recognize leaders in this space.
Join HSBC, and benefit from the following:
· Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
· Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
· Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
· International Connectivity and impact: Build global relationships and be a part of international initiatives
· A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
· Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make.