Some career choices have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can connect with customers and colleagues and who'll work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you'll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness programmes including discounted gym memberships.
HSBC is one of the world's largest banking and financial services organisations. With over 150 years' experience connecting clients to emerging and mature markets opportunities, HSBC currently services more than 40 million customers worldwide through an international network covering 65 countries and territories.
The Infrastructure & Real Estate Finance team, part of HSBC's Real Assets and Structured Finance Group, provides a full suite of services to corporates, financial sponsors, financial institutions and governments in a number of sectors, including Infrastructure, Power & Utilities, Renewables, Transport, Logistics, Support Services, and Real Estate. The team provides a single point for clients to access advice on financings, capital structure and debt capital markets, as well as associated execution of mandates.
We are seeking a proactive individual to join the Infrastructure & Real Estate Finance team as an Associate, contributing to the origination and execution of financing transactions to support HSBC's infrastructure client base.
Based in Sydney, the successful applicant will provide support across a range of financing transaction in the aforementioned sectors. Applicants should be team players, showing high levels of motivation and strong work ethic underpinned by an interest and passion for the sector. They will also be strong communicators both with internal and external stakeholders, with the latter including consultants, legal counsel, and other market participants.
• Develop deep understanding of applicable sectors and products, providing coverage and execution support to senior bankers
• Engaged in creating marketing materials such as pitch books, market updates, preparation or responses to requests for proposals, teaser documents and information memoranda.
• Assisting where relevant the preparation and negotiation of key financial and project related documents, including preparation of key internal documents such as credit memos
• Development of financial models to assess potential transactions, including the evaluation of financial statements and credit metrics
• Conduct industry and company-specific research
• Provide oversight and guidance to junior colleagues
• Understand HSBC strategy as a global universal bank and its client centric approach. This will include knowledge of how the business is structured and organised, engages effectively with colleagues across businesses and products and works collaboratively in a global context.
Ideal candidate profile
• Tertiary qualification from a reputable university preferably in a relevant discipline. Commencement post-graduate/CFA is considered advantageous
• Experience in the Australian Infrastructure / Project Finance Market, ideally with 3-4 years' experience
• Robust quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with proven experience in financial modelling.
• Strong understanding of financial markets, including knowledge of credit analysis, rating methodologies and credit metrics
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, with an ability to present complex information in a clear and effective manner
• Strong organisational and project management skills with ability to multitask
Learn more about careers at HSBC:
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued and respected and where opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow in an inclusive environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited. MJDHSBC