Electrical Design Engineer for Wind Turbine Power Components (f/m)
GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
The Electrical Design Engineer (m/f) is a key person for high quality New Product Introduction (NPI) execution, fulfillment and field issue resolution for the onshore wind products. The global Electrical System team covers the overall electrical system of our wind turbine products and its components like Generators, Transformers, Power Conductors, Converters, Electrical Switchgears & Control Cabinets, as well as optional equipment like energy meters, fire detection and aviation light systems.
· Evaluate Translate wind turbine electrical system requirements into electrical power hardware definition. Specify components for use and integrate components into power circuits, control circuits, and mechanically into the overall wind turbine system.
· Develop design packages for electrical equipment including schematics, 3D models, Bills of Material (BOM), and specifications.
· Support the full lifecycle of the equipment from concept to production and field operation.
· Partner with suppliers to develop state of the art and cost effective solutions.
· Support certification needs for electrical power components. Ensure compliance of components and their use to international codes and standards, like to UL, CSA, CCC, and CE directives.
· Prepare and present material for design reviews at each milestone of a new product introduction project including conceptual design, preliminary design, detailed design, and validation reviews.
· Interface with other turbine component owners to manage interfaces.
· Develop should cost models for the designed power components. Develop and implement cost reduction ideas.
· Work with global and cross-functional teams to leverage ‘Best Practice’ for electrical power component design and testing.
· Support Sourcing organization for new supplier qualification and supplier audits.
· Support root cause analysis on technical issues.
· Work closely with the Technical Leaders and global team members to ensure high quality and on-time delivery for all engineering assignments.
· Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent.
· Experience with electrical power components and/or systems, used in industrial applications or power distribution.
· Familiar with international codes and standards.
· Positive mindset with good verbal and written communication skills.
· Availability to travel 10% of the time.
· Experience working with wind turbine electrical power components.
· Experience with design tools for electrical power components.
· Experience with design for six-sigma, design for reliability, design for manufacturability and/to design to cost.
GE Renewable Energy is a $10 billion business with an innovative spirit and entrepreneurial mindset, bringing together one of the broadest energy products and digital services portfolios in the renewable energy industry. Combining onshore and offshore wind, blades, hydro and innovative technologies such as hybrid systems and concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner. With more than 22,000 employees present in more than 80 countries, GE Renewable Energy is working on new ways to power the world’s biggest economies and most remote communities.
Follow us atwww.ge.com/renewableenergy or on twitter
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .
About General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.