GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
The Electrical Design Engineer (m/f) is a key person for high quality New Product Introduction (NPI), execution, fulfillment and field issue resolution for the onshore wind products. The global team covers the overall electrical system, its components like Generators, Transformers, Power Conductors, Converters, Electrical Switchgears & Control Cabinets, and optional equipment like energy meters, fire detection, fire suppression and aviation light systems.
· Translate wind turbine electrical system requirements into hardware definition. Specify components for use and integrate components into power circuits, control circuits, and mechanically into the overall wind turbine system.
· Develop design packages for electrical equipment including schematics, 3D models, Bills of Material (BOM), wire routing, assembly drawings, specifications for individual components or sub-systems etc.
· Support the full lifecycle of the equipment from concept to production and field operation.
· Partner with suppliers to develop state of the art and cost effective solutions.
· Support certification needs for components or sub-systems. Ensure compliance of components and their use to international codes and standards, like to UL, CSA, CCC, and CE directives.
· Prepare and present material for design reviews at each milestone of a new product introduction project including conceptual design, preliminary design, detailed design, and validation reviews.
· Interface with other turbine component owners to manage interfaces.
· Develop should cost models for the designed components and sub-systems. Provide cost-out ideas and implement them in regular update cycles.
· Work with global and cross-functional teams to leverage ‘Best Practice’ for electrical component design and testing.
· Support Sourcing organization for new supplier qualification and supplier audits.
· Support root cause analysis on technical issues.
· Work closely with the Technical Leaders and global team members to ensure high quality and on-time delivery for all engineering assignments.
· Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent.
· Experience with electrical components and/or systems, used in industrial applications or power distribution.
· Familiar with international codes and standards.
· Positive mindset with good verbal and written communication skills.
· Availability to travel 10% of the time.
· Experience working with wind turbine components.
· Experience with design tools such as ePlan, Unigraphics/NX.
· Experience with design for six-sigma, design for reliability, design for manufacturability and/to design to cost.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world’s first digital industrial company. We take the earth’s most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.