Description de l'offre
GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
Contribute to engineering design, analysis and product support work on wind turbine gearbox and drivetrain components. In this role, you will support to solve problems and develop and execute objectives for self and others. The design responsibility reaches from the conceptual design stage through prototyping to the serial implementation and support of the installed fleet. You will have a focus on managing cost out projects and field projects within the drive train tem.
· Design mechanical and structural components within the gearbox and drivetrain for large wind turbines
· Provide design calculation and mechanical problem solving
· Drive qualification testing/ validation support relative to equipment standards for structural, thermal rejection, vibration and acoustics in gearboxes
· Work closely with suppliers and manufacturing on the production, cost out initiatives and field corrective actions
· Create and revise of drawing/specifications/design practices/ certification documents for mechanical and structural components of gearboxes. Apply GE design processes and Six Sigma methodology.
· Track cost out and field projects related to execution
· Support cross-functionally with quality teams, manufacturing engineers, sourcing, planning, field support and others to improve first time yield
· B.A./M.A. in Mechanical, Structural or Material Engineering, or equivalent
· Background in mechanical design engineering, with good mechanical sense and fundamental base
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
· Ability to work with global team members across cultural boundaries
· Fluent English written and spoken
· Basic knowledge of wind turbine design, components, assembly and manufacture
· Familiar with gear or structural component design
· Roller bearing design and/or application engineering experience ((journal bearing knowledge is a bonus)
· Knowledge in design and analysis tools like 3D UG, Matlab, etc.
· GE Business tools and practices expertise
· Proven ability to work under pressure and challenging conditions. Strong desire and ability to drive improvement and change
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com