Description de l'offre
Barcelona, Berlin, Salzbergen, Greenville, Schenectady
GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
Germany, Spain, United States
The Consulting Engineer is a recognized expert and will provide controls design expertise for Onshore and Offshore Wind products. Expected to lead projects and initiatives with broad scope and high impact to the business. Responsible for major and complex assignments with long-term business implications.
As the Consulting Engineer you will:
· Operate within the Chief’s Office, reports to the Chief’s Office Manager, has alignment with, and is mentored by Chief Consulting Engineers
· Develop and mentor otherd to develop the controls sub - system specifications consisting of derived and allocated requirements for the system
· Modeling, simulation and analysis of controls in addition to understanding the system and sub system applications, with verification through testing
· Provide consultation to management, design organizations, and services supply chain on robust design of the system logic towards reliability, availability and manufacturability considering the variability in operating conditions, machine components and control parameters
· Provide controls platform, software engineering and digital integration direction in developing component modular libraries that will enable high quality, testable and configurable solution across all turbine platforms. Act as champion to emphasize a requirement driven software development practice using the V-model or waterfall model
· Initiate and / or review development / test plans
· Ensure the incorporation of insights gained in each validation step in products, design practices, tools and methods
· Partner with customers and segment teams to use market-driven Multi Generation Product plans to highlight areas where technology advancements are needed and recommends approaches to pursue in the development of Multi-Generation-Technology-Plans. Provides leadership to help focus and integrate new technology smoothly into production
· Author or review, and define the need for new design practices, and ensures lessons learned are captured and communicated
· Champion controls innovation and writes and fosters others to write invention disclosures
· Represents GE in external industrial, manufacturing or standard-setting bodies and customer meetings
· Enhance and promote engineering excellence in the organization
· Mentor and help grow technical expertise and promotes the technical career path
· Model the culture of learning and development, mutual respect and inclusiveness
· Consult with and support the Chief Engineer’s Office in the execution of goals of the office
· Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Science or related discipline or equivalent knowledge / experience
· Significant relevant technical experience in controls systems engineering
· Considerable experience as a recognized expert in the field of wind turbine control systems
· Location: Barcelona, Spain; Berlin, Germany; Salzbergen, Germany; Greenville, SC; Schenectady, NY; Other locations will be considered if exceptionally strong talent is identified and is willing to travel for up to 50% of time
· EU Work Permit if hired in Spain
For Applicants in Spain:
Nonnational candidates are responsible to know the minimum documentation requirements to be able to be contracted in country: NIE- Social Security Affiliation Number in Spain (NAF) and Bank Account in Spain. They must be in possession of them at the time of start hiring. GE will not sponsor this requirement.
· Expertise in software development and systems engineering with a strong focus on control system architecture using modular designs on a multi-product highly configurable enterprise system
· Expertise in applying DFIG technology to electrical power systems, power converters and meeting global wind turbine grid code requirements
· Proficiency in at least one aero-elastic wind turbine simulation tool such as Bladed, Fast, or Flex5
· Knowledge of at least one programming language such as C or Delphi
· Experience with real-time control systems such as the GE MarkVIe or other PLC platform
· Experience with industrial communication standards such as ProfiNET
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders. Build collaborative and supportive teams
· Demonstrated clear thinker – able to solve complex technical challenges and communicate actions/solutions in clear concise manner
· Demonstrated systems thinker – balances risk appropriately, considers lifecycle view of products, and properly assesses trades between components / subsystems
· Able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization
· Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification
· Track record of leading major projects in wind turbine control systems architecture, algorithm design, or system integration
· Demonstrated capability to take a controls technology from the conceptual stage to commercial product application
· Demonstrated ability to successfully coach, mentor, and guide technical teams
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
GE Renewable Energy harnesses the earth’s most abundant resources – the strength of the wind, the heat of the sun and the force of water – to power the world’s biggest economies and the most remote communities.
With an innovative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset, we engineer energy products and digital services that create industry-leading value for our customers around the world.
We see the promise of renewable energy everywhere we look. Our team has the courage, scale, passion, diversity and resourcefulness needed to deliver that promise wherever and however the world needs it.
Together with our customers, we’re proving that no one ever has to choose between affordable, reliable, or sustainable energy.
We are unleashing limitless energy.
Visit www.gerenewableenergy.com for more information and follow @GErenewables on social media
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.