This position is responsible for independently developing build and release procedures for a particular release of a product. Skilled in innovating, developing, and maintaining build and configuration management. Contributes to the team and works independently
In this role, you will:
· Break down problems and estimates time for quality related tasks
· Increase task level and takes on multiple projects at one time
· Become skilled with various configuration management, build management and continuous integration tools and methodologies
· Become skilled with SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
· Collaborate with Product Teams to implement end to end Build and Release process for a specific release
· Bachelor's Degree
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. GE will not agree to sponsor individual's employment visas, now or in the future, for this role.
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Roanoke, VA.
· Understands the importance of Build and Release as part of development life cycle and with reference to continuous integration process. Fully understands the importance of different software environments like Development, QA and Production
· Skilled in application domain and functional areas
· Expertise and knowledge in writing automation scripts for build and release processes
· Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
· Breaks down problems into smaller segments. Documents & explains the process.
· Understands and applies decomposition (work breakdown structure) of highly exact specifications. Applies time estimates to development tasks
· Displays understanding of the project’s value proposition for the customer. Shows commitment to deliver the best value proposition for the targeted customer.
· Understands how the business solves the problem in specific domain areas using the technology. (Ex: Healthcare domain - EMR Applications)
· Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities. Does not impede collaboration. Respects opinions, recognizes that the group can produce better results than the individual.
· Empathizes with differences, especially those of language, culture, and key performance indicators.
· Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence.
· Reacts open-mindedly to new ideas or Software practices.
· Considers different and novel solutions when faced with challenges.
· Identifies opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas. Takes the initiative to experiment with new software frameworks.
· Demonstrates the ability to creatively find solutions.
· Implements clean concise solutions that address the requirements at hand.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.