GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OffShore Wind
As an Auxiliary Generator Design Engineer in the Generator team, you will lead and/or undertake tasks related to design electrical and electronic system in the generator. The candidate will work with diverse, cross-functional teams to execute detailed design, concept design, trade off studies, and select the best designs and solutions against multiple criteria.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate technical accountability for the generator (auxiliary parts). Main responsibilities include:
· Execute Engineering design work on wind turbine electrical components and their assembly within the wind turbine system. Ensure cost, reliability and schedules are met
· Lead and/or undertake key tasks in the areas of wind generator design (auxiliary parts): instrumentation, electrical boxes, cabling, rings connections, and monitoring
· Ownership for electrical generator (auxiliary parts), which includes definition of requirements and characteristics, technical documentation, interface definition, prototyping, testing, homologation and introduction into manufacturing up to issue resolution in the installed fleet
· Drive compliance of components and their use to international codes and standards like IEC, UL, CSA, ISO, CE, CCC, DIN etc.
· Work closely with the Supplier Quality organization to ensure design CTQs are tested properly, as well as met and maintained in the serial production process
· Technical support for generator incidences arising from the assembly plants, installation or turbine operation
· Assess field data to improve operability and reliability of the generator
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college or university or equivalent knowledge or experience
· Significant experience in Engineering or other related field including strong experience in electrical engineering role
· Skilled in electrical component design calculations, drawings creation, specifications and schematics
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Positive mindset with excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Effective problem identification and solution skills
· Fluent in English (spoken and written)
· Analytical approach to problem solving
· Willingness to travel
· EU Work Permit
If contracted in Spain:
Non-national candidates are responsible to know the minimum documentation requirements to be able to be contracted in country: NIE- Social Security Affiliation Number in Spain (NAF) and Bank Account in Spain. They must be in possession of them at the time of start hiring. GE will not sponsor this requirement.
· Proven ability to work in a matrix organization with international teams
· Experience with electrical CAD tools (ePLAN)
· Large electrical generator design and manufacturing engineering experience
· On / Offshore wind turbine engineering experience
GE Renewable Energy is a $10 billion start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power and more recently turbine blades, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner. With more than 22,000 employees present in more than 55 countries, GE Renewable Energy is backed by the resources of the world’s first digital industrial company. Our goal is to demonstrate to the rest of the world that nobody should ever have to choose between affordable, reliable, and sustainable energy. Follow us
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .