Faurecia is an Equal Opportunity Employer
"New trends and expectations are reshaping the automotive industry. Inspired by the exciting new challenges associated with this revolution, Faurecia anticipates the future of mobility developing cutting-edge solutions for smart life on board and sustainable mobility. If you’re willing to contribute and create value for tomorrow’s cleaner and smarter mobility, Faurecia is the place to be.”
Our Faurecia Interior Systems Business Group – Europe Division is looking for a VIE Development Engineer m/f for its facility in Orense, Spain.
Please note that applications submitted in French cannot be considered by our non-French speaking teams in our plants worldwide. Only applications submitted in English will be considered.
The Development Engineer is responsible for technical product definition and process feasibility, in line with program planning, quality and costs targets. He/she applies Group standards following the Faurecia Excellence System (FES) and uses Faurecia's Program Management System (PMS) to guide the concept and design detail of a product, tool and/or equipment.
The main missions of the role are:
- Manage a Program File in Product Data Management (PDM) (including roles & rights), maintaining appropriate product and process definitions.
- Manage technical aspects of a program: Prepare and update other program related technical documentation; Ensure that the technical convergence plan meets product quality and costs targets; Ensure that the PMS technical milestone deadlines are met; Manage Bought Out Parts (BOP) definition and ensure technical integration of suppliers, Coordinate technical management of tool suppliers relying on process/tool engineers and experts.
- Interface with the customer's engineering team.
- Plan critical path.
- Apply Faurecia industrial policies and guidelines (Production System Efficiency, Supply chain, Ergonomic…).
- Liaise with industrial engineer so that product and process characteristics are under control when production is launched.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Master's degree in engineering
- Experience in Design & Development within an industrial environment, ideally in the automotive industry
- Knowledge and experience in Project Management process
- Team player with strong communication skills
- International mind set
- Fluent in English, Spanish skill is a plus