We are the only professional services organisation who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services.
As part of our Data and Analytics team of Financial Services Advisory practice you will work with multi-disciplinary teams to support clients in a wide range of big data initiatives aiming to generate and present new, useful and actionable insights. You will have the opportunity to work and take responsibilities in challenging engagements, gaining exposure to clients in various sectors both in Singapore and in the APAC region.
Your key responsibilities
· Participation in large-scale client engagements.
· Contribution towards, or even leading, the delivery of innovative and engaging big data solutions.
· Understanding of business and technical requirements, provision of subject matter expertise, and implementation of big data engineering techniques.
· Conducting of data discovery activities, performing root cause analysis, and making recommendations for the remediation of data quality issues.
· Putting into practice good organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple complex projects under tight deadlines.
Skills and attributes for success
· Leverage technology to continually learn, improve service delivery and maintain our leading edge best practices
· Strong presentation skills and proficiency in the use of PowerPoint, Word and Excel
· Good understanding of financial services industry
To qualify for the role you must have
· Understanding or even practical experience of handling and manipulating semi-structured and unstructured data.
· Deep understanding of big data technology, concepts, tools, features, functions and benefits of different approaches available.
· Ability to deploy, manage, and administer Hadoop-based components.
· Ability to design, build, install, configure and support Hadoop-based applications.
· Experience with one of Java, C# or C++.
· Hands-on experience with HiveQL.
· Familiarity with data ingestion tools such as Kafka, Flume and Sqoop.
· Knowledge of hadoop related workflow/scheduling tools such as Oozie.
· Understanding of data modeling (ER models) techniques.
· Experience with investigating and handling data quality issues.
· Minimum 1-5 years hands-on experience in two (2) or more of the above areas.
· A Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related fields.
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Design and implementation experience of data models in physical form in one (or more) of the leading RDBMS platforms such as SQL Server, Oracle, IBM DB2/Netezza, Teradata, etc.
· Experience with Business Intelligence or statistical analysis tools and techniques.
· Strong communication and business relationship skills to effectively explain analysis, both verbally and in writing, to others and translate analysis into a clear business plan.
· Strong time management and organizational skills to gather and make use of data (both internal and external).
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. We also offer you:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
Want to get to know us better?
Become a fan on Facebook: facebook.com/EYCareersSingapore
Follow us on Instagram:instagram.com/EYSGCareers
Connect with us on LinkedIn: bit.ly/EYLinked_Careers
Watch us on YouTube: youtube.com/ernstandyoungglobal