ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Finance Assistant to be based at the Queen Alexandra Hospital, Southwick Hill Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6 3LY. This is a permanent, full-time role, working 37.5 hours per week (Monday-Friday, 09:00-17:00 hours). On offer is a salary banding of between £18,000-£22,000 per annum, dependent upon skills and experience. Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, the Finance Assistant is responsible for providing a comprehensive Finance service, ensuring accurate, detailed, timely processing and reporting to meet the needs of the Contract. This will involve developing processes and systems; monitoring and influencing expenditure/income and providing detailed, useful financial management information.
Specific Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· Purchase Ledger duties: order raising and receipting; registering, coding and authorisation of invoices; liaising with customers/suppliers and other key stakeholders (Central Finance/Shared Service Centre) to ensure payment.
· Sales Ledger duties: ensuring invoices are produced accurately and efficiently, processed in core systems and managed through the Shared Service Centre. Ensuring timely receipt of debts and correct allocation of cash in Sales Ledger.
· Providing assistance in preparation of monthly accounts, annual budgets and forecast, including accrual and prepayment calculations.
· Assisting in processing of journals, manual cheques, expenses and other financial documentation, as necessary.
· Distributing monthly reports, detailing costs, budgets and forecasts - investigating variances (cost interrogation) where necessary.
· Supporting the wider development of Finance strategy within the Contract by working closely with the Central Finance Function and other Finance Team members.
· Contributing to the Local Business Plan by working closely with the Operational Managers.
· Providing cover to other Finance Team members, as appropriate.
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
· Good standard of education or comparable level of experience within a similar role
· Highly skilled in IT and Data Processing
· Excellent Excel skills (spreadsheets and presentation of numerical data), with an understanding of Excel data manipulation techniques
· Good understanding of Microsoft Office suite
· Part-qualified AAT would be preferable
· Previous experience of working within an NHS/Service industry
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· High level of attention to detail
· Able to work effectively within a very busy environment
· Live within a reasonable distance of the Hospital
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
If you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview.
· Posting Date: Aug 21, 2019