ENGIE Storage (formerly Green Charge) helps power the world more efficiently and sustainably. As the nation's number one distributed energy storage company, we serve energy producers, distributors, and consumers, including utilities, network operators, and energy consumers in business and government.
Energy storage is a key enabler of a more sustainable energy future. At ENGIE Storage, you can help build this future by contributing to the development and deployment of GridSynergy®, a comprehensive, software-driven, field-proven battery-based energy storage system.
As the energy storage arm of ENGIE, we benefit from the stability and resources of a global energy company committed to addressing the major challenges of transitioning to a low-carbon energy system. With over 154,000 employees in more than 70 countries, ENGIE achieved revenue of €60.6 billion in 2018.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
The Role: Business Development Analyst
The Business Development Analyst – In Front of the Meter will identify, research, and characterize opportunities for ENGIE Storage to develop in-front-of-the-meter applications of battery energy storage.
Santa Clara, CA or Oakland, CA/ ENGIE Storage
Salaried – Exempt
Essential Job Functions
· Lead research and analysis of in-front-of-the-meter markets, applications, and business opportunities for ENGIE's battery energy storage business.
· Coordinate with business development, engineering and finance teams to assess the commercial, technical, and financial requirements of potential in-front-of-the-meter energy storage offerings
· Create project-level models to evaluate economics of in-front-of-the-meter use cases, and market models to project market size and growth expectations
· Characterize technical product requirements for in-front-of-the-meter use cases
· Develop and maintain a view on the competitive landscape of in-front-of-the-meter battery energy storage markets.
· Establish contacts with utilities, market operators, community choice aggregators, developers, etc. to support market research and analysis.
· Support the business development group in pursuit of specific in-front-of-the-meter business opportunities
· Develop and present analyses to commercial, technical and executive audiences with ENGIE Storage and other ENGIE affiliates
· Fluency in energy market (Independent System Operator) design, pricing and pricing forecasts, energy market operations and participation models
· Understanding of state and regional electricity market regulatory structures and processes, particularly in the western United States
· Familiarity with utility energy storage, demand response, and capacity programs and procurement processes
· Familiarity with in-front-of-the-meter distributed generation project structures
· Proficiency with power system fundamentals including distribution systems, interconnection requirements and distributed energy resource technologies (preferably energy storage)
· Proven ability to develop financial models, evaluate and communicate risk and profitability of alternative structures
· Excellent communication and presentation skills, with ability to distill complex technical, legal, and financial subjects into commercial practicality
· Ability to build and maintain relationships, successfully navigate an organization, and draw support across multiple organizational levels—including internally (ENGIE) and externally
· Advanced Excel modelling capabilities with demonstrated proficiency to build complex models from scratch
· Strong organization skills
· Ability to travel up to 25% of the time for stakeholder meetings and industry events
Essential Physical Abilities
· Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
· Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
· Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
· Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
· Could involve some lifting.
· Bachelor's Degree in relevant discipline required; advanced degree preferred
· Minimum 5 years of experience performing market research and analysis, business and financial modelling, or energy project development
· Minimum 2 years in the in-front-of-the-meter distributed energy resource project analysis or development.
· Experience with battery energy storage technology fundamentals
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North America Managers.
· Posting Date: Jan 27, 2020