For over 50 years, ENGIE has been active in many African countries through its energy engineering business, its natural gas purchase agreements with Algeria, Egypt and Nigeria and more recently as an independent power producer in South Africa, Egypt, Senegal and Morocco with a total capacity of 3,000 MW either in operation or under construction. By 2025, ENGIE’s Africa Business Unit wants to be a reference partner in ten African countries for power plants, energy services to businesses and decentralized solutions for off-grid customers – communities, companies and households. ENGIE already has more than 3 million people with domestic solar installations and local micro grids, and aims to become one of the viable leaders on the continent's off-grid service market.
For more information, go towww.engie-africa.com
In Nigeria, ENGIE is already pursuing several IPP opportunities, mini grid opportunities, and solar home system PAYGO opportunities through its subsidiary FENIX.
ENGIE Africa is looking for a Senior Business Development Manager who will be responsible and accountable for origination and business development of our businesses in the Nigerian market. He will also support execution of growth initiatives, including M&A, co-development and other new strategic business opportunities. The Senior Business Development Manager will also give a local support to other projects managed by remote teams.
Principal functions and accountabilities
· Develop and maintain a deep knowledge of the energy sector in Nigeria;
· Assess competitors, potential partners, acquisition targets, key stakeholders and energy market changes;
· Foster and manage relationship with government's regulatory bodies,stakeholders, potential partners, suppliers and customers;
· Identifies projects opportunities, assesses projects feasibility, prepares and presents the necessary project documentation
· Leads the development of specific projects, negotiates contracts, permits and others agreements;
· Screen and implement growth opportunities, including completion of internal investment approval memos, presentations to the Investment Committee and compliance with internal BD procedures;
· Be responsible for driving energy services sales to a variety of different companies including government entities, commercial & industrial businesses, mobile network operators and other large energy users.
· Participate to the setting up of local subsidiaries and teams (staffing, logistics etc.) that may be decided to implement specific growth opportunities.
· ENGIE Africa management
· Key Government Regulatory bodies
· Market players in the geographical area, including potential suppliers, clients, JV partners and M&A counterparties
· Project finance banks
· External consultants
Knowledge and skills
· Experienced professional in the areas of energy services, energy efficiency, and renewables (10 years professional experience minimum);
· Experience in the Industry in Nigeria (Technical director, head of utilities…) and strong network in the Nigerian industrial sector;
· Strong experience in and understanding of the Nigerian market, including legal and regulatory aspects, market environment, competition, stakeholders, counterparties, and other areas that impact growth initiatives;
· Experienced professional as a project manager, bid manager, or business developer;
· Manages and prioritizes multiple projects simultaneously;
· In-depth know how in developing, negotiating, and executing complex project agreements;
· Good behavioral fit: Results driven, teamwork oriented, analytical and creative;
· Capable of making sound strategic and operational decisions through analyzing data, focusing on customers and commercial awareness;
· Willingness to embrace culture change aimed at improved business and team performance;
• Fluent English;
• Knowledge of French and/or one of the main Nigerian local language is an asset.
Time & Location
• Place of residence: Lagos, Nigeria
• Regular travels within Nigeria, punctual missions within the African continent and to Europe.
The contract will be on local terms and conditions
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!
· Posting Date: Sep 25, 2019