Requisition Number: 155107
Position Title: Software Engineer I
Main Purpose of the Role
Handle the Automation related developments within LT Tech for LT through all current and future automation initiatives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop tools and systems in support of testing or debugging on schedule and specification
• Be able to define and write requirements for testing or automation and ensure their completion regardless if the work is done internally or externally
• Respect coding standards
• Follow best practices
• Test own work and provide defect free software/systems to customers
• Document all work done
• Work with partners on outside deliveries
Customer Relationship Management
• Continuous, front-line communication with all of our customers on our goals and strategy
• Ability to negotiate with end-users on features, priorities, deliverables, and timeline
• Advise customers on solutions
• Publish all documentation on the portal or wiki.
Skills and Knowledge Required
· Bachelor degree in Computer Science or above/equivalent
• Training or experience with software testing tools
• Knowledge of the Game Industry and software development processes
• Competence with some of the current development technologies and platforms including Microsoft .NET, C++, C#, Java
• Ability to debug and determine root cause analysis on complex programs
• Superior Customer Service Skills
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills including technical writing and process documentation.
• Ability to follow documented procedures, identify potential improvements and update as necessary.
Skills and Knowledge Preferred
· Previous experience:
· the videogames Localization industry
· working in a multi-cultural team
· working as a videogame developer
· Web Technologies (ASP, PHP, SQL, AJAX)
· Very good knowledge in cultural areas related to EA video games (sports, WWII…)
· Demonstrate knowledge of the video games industry
· Demonstrate knowledge of video game platforms (PC, consoles & software)
· Quality focused, attention to detail
· Organised, self-starting, proactive
· Strong sense of ownership, Achievement-driven
· Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
· Demonstrate an ability to communicate concisely
· Teamwork oriented
LT is a dynamic area where there are peak periods of activity (April – November). The work load and the make-up of teams vary. It is therefore necessary that the incumbent has experience of working in a team environment of constant change.
Community / Marketing Title: Automation Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-26 13:00:54.367
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Madrid, ES