· Job Description:
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. DXC Poland is located in Warsaw, Lodz and Wroclaw.
For more information, visit http://www.dxc.technology/ .
At DXC, we believe the power of insight comes from an intelligent, end-to end approach to Big Data and information. DXC Analytics aligns the right people, processes and technology to help our clients analyze and act on their information. Our consultants provide the advice and support clients need to transform and manage their Big Data initiative and start unlocking the valuable business opportunities. Clients benefit from Big Data and enhanced analytics to improve customer engagement and satisfaction, create new business opportunities and reduce costs.
The pace of business is accelerating. Consumers know it because the world is now literally at their fingertips — they no longer have to wait to receive the latest products and services. DXC offers are managing big data solutions and platforms to enable our customers to develop the fully autonomous driving of our future and to deliver the kind of business agility you need to swiftly adapt to the speed of the marketplace. We work with wide technology stack on a daily basis: Apache Airflow, Databricks, Azure DevOps, Blob Storage, Azure Data Warehouse, Azure SQL DB, Azure Data Factory, PostgreSQL, Azure Analysis Services, PowerBI .
Currently we are looking for:
Big Data Developer for Autonomous Driving
Job locations: Warsaw, Łódź, Wroclaw offices or remote
The Big Data Developer is part of the Analytics team in Germany and Poland. We work with respective automotive accounts, Hadoop experts, experienced software developers, data scientists and technology experts to deliver analytic solutions for our customers.
Role and Responsibilities
· Performance tuning of high data volume ingests into MapR/Hadoop ecosystem clusters
· R&D driven feature development around ingest pipeline optimization, filtering, data consistency
· Airflow central ingest orchestration
· Development of smart ingest station and service packaging
· Define and implement improvements in technologies, infrastructure and software or architecture components
· Languages: English (fluent)
· Unix experience
· Minimum 2+ years of experience with Hadoop distributions and innovative technologies in Hadoop ecosystem (mainly Spark ) including performance tuning
· Proven experience in all phases of a Big Data project: Concept & design, development, implementation, change and operation
· Advanced know how in Python , Scala , whereas mainly Scala will be in use
· Knowledge and basic experience in Docker , Kubernetes
· Possesses an understanding of architectural dependencies of technologies in the customer's analytic environments
· Able to communicate and present internally and externally in a confident manner
· Highly motivated team-player
· Strong customer focus, assertiveness and precise method of operation
Nice to Have:
· Practical knowledge in Kafka
· Hands-on experience in CI/CD, Ansible playbooks & deployment automation, Jenkins
· MapR DB/Key value or HBase project experience
· Hands-on experience in MapR streams, Airflow and Grafana monitoring highly appreciated
Why is it great to be part of our team?
We offer a steady job in an international company in the heavily invested area, where you will encounter multiple opportunities to cooperate with inspiring people from across the world. A place where you can learn, work with experts, share your knowledge and enjoy many social activities and events prepared for our Employees.
Additionally, we offer:
· Full-time employment contract
· Numerous opportunities for personal and professional development and advancement within the company by taking part in interesting and challenging projects in all mentioned above technologies
· Professional technical and soft skill training programs (internal DXC University, DXC Partners Network and certification program), opportunity to learn and evolve within experienced Cloud team
· Modern and friendly work environment with open door policy
· Flexibility in work arrangement (home-office culture & flexible working hours are in our DNA)
· Private medical care, social benefits system, life insurance, Multisport+ card, Wellness Program (massages included), German language classes, relax corner (XBOX games and other), sport communities
· Employee Assistance Program (providing help for employees in difficult life situations)
· Competitive compensation package adjusted to candidate’s experience and qualifications
· Not only convenient but also picturesque location – our Warsaw office is located at the lake, near metro and tram station