· Job Description:
DXC italy is looking for a Big Data Architect to join DXC Italy Analytics Organization.
· Design Big Data solutions.
· Evaluates and defines data integration strategy, building data flow and component architecture blueprints.
· Support pre-sales activities on solution design, including hardware and sizing definitions.
· Analysis, planning and execution of massive data migrations .
· Planning and execution of expansions and new component installations.
· Hands-on professional to lead and materialize all technical aspects (including software framework and development practice definitions, code reviews) of big data projects.
· Execute and lead installation processes, configuration and tunings of Hadoop Big Data clusters.
· Performance analysis of Hadoop platforms, tuning of application and components.
Education and Experience Required:
· Strong experience in the role and at least one of these following areas: BI, Data Warehousing, Application Integration, Cloud infrastructure and Big Data platforms
· Interdisciplinary knowledge in IT, covering development and infrastructure for integrated problem solving.
· Bachelor/Master technical Degree is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
We require strong expertise on:
· Hadoop platform knowledge, including Spark, Mapreduce, Hive and HBASE.
· Unix / Linux operating systems;
· hardware design, network architectures, TCP / IP, DNS, Firewalls;
· Shell and SQL languages;
· Java, Python, or Scala (more than one is desirable)
· Data Modeling, Data Warehousing and MPP databases (Greenplum, Teradata, Netezza);
· conceptual knowledge of NoSQL and practical in some solution (Hbase, Cassandra, Riak, Redis, MongoDB, etc).
It will be considered a nice to have:
· Authentication mechanisms such as Kerberos and OpenLDAP;
· Automation tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
· ETL, BI and Visualization tools (Pentaho, Cognos, Powercenter, SAS, Microstrategy, Tableau).
· Integration and messaging architectures;
· Development of web applications, backends and REST APIs.
· Development pipelines and DevOps
Working place: Roma (RM)
At DXC Technology you will find an International environment, professional growth opportunities and competitive remuneration package.
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally.
Join DXC: you will work in an international context, always in evolution, contributing actively to achieve new goals!