Site Reliability Engineer
- Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
- Area of InterestEngineer - Software
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestSecurity
- Job Id1241857
What You'll Do
Cisco enjoys a unique position and is leveraging an unprecedented capability to secure the network through intelligence derived from data collected on a global scale. Engineers on Cisco's Cognitive Threat Analytics (CTA) team are leading the way in their capacity to invent, prove-out, and enable new technologies in threat intelligence.
Who You'll Work With
This is an exciting opportunity to work with the CTA DevOps team based in RTP to maintain, grow and scale the CTA infrastructure. The successful candidate will play a key role in supporting our AWS footprint through Terraform. In addition, the selected applicant will be responsible for monitoring our production environment and resolving issues.
Who You Are
You are a Site Reliability Engineer who has a background maintaining a fast-growing infrastructure. You love working with an Operations team in building services for engineers and customers, improving build and testing pipelines and working on advanced orchestration systems.
- 2+ years experience in the administration of AWS infrastructures
- Strong Linux system administration skills
- Proficiency in infrastructure, service and application monitoring tools
- Ability to participate in a 24/7/365 on-call rotation
- Familiarity with Terraform
- Software development background
- Working knowledge of Docker
- Proficiency with Ruby, Python, or Shell.
- Working knowledge of Git or other SCM
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Familiarity with ElasticSearch, Logstash and Kibana
- Experience with Datadog