The menu of this restaurant takes influences from China and the Philippines, as well as Mexico, Bangladesh, Iran, Jamaica, India and more. This internship program will encompass an all around training of basic skills in order to successfully use this knowledge in other kitchens. These skills include knife cuts, organization, sanitation practices, being on time, teamwork, learning different parts of the cold and hot line and many others.
• Position Available: line cook
• Location: Training in New York City
• Duration: 12 months
• Start Date: All year
• Stipend: $13 / hour pre-tax – (paid overtime). Starting conditions.
• Hours: 40 hours / week
• Requirements: English speaking candidate requested.
• Benefits: Commuter benefits offered. Sick pay offered after the employee has worked a minimum of 120 hours. Overtime is given to employees who work more than 40 hours per week at time and a half depending on the employee's pay rate. A family meal is given. Chef's coats are given each day. The student doesn’t necessarily need to have experience in the kitchen but it’s a plus if they do. We will provide the necessary training as long as they are willing to commit to the program.
Contributing to a dedicated culinary team.
Continually seeking to improve restaurant operations.
Operating a clean, safe kitchen while exceeding food quality requirement.
Capability to work in team.
Well rounded experience with all new and classic cooking techniques.
A passion for great food.
English speaking candidate requested.
If you are a non-american citizen and you are the selected candidate you will need to apply for a J-1 visa, which will allow you to work legally in the United States. Take into consideration that the J-1 visa can cost you between 2,000 - 3,000 euros. Prices vary depending on the length of stay and the benefits provided by the companies. Also, some companies take care of the whole visa payment.