In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Supervise the team to process inward cheque clearing, electronic clearing, FPS, internal/ book transfer, corporate cheque printing, demand draft/ cashier's order issuance, foreign cheque settlement, loan and deposit processing; handle transaction-related interactions with internal counterparts (e.g. Coverage, Client Services, Compliance), back office and clients; and perform controls in accordance with operating procedures, group and bank policies/ guidelines and regulatory requirements.
a) Supervise the team to process the above mentioned products and to: -
- receive paper instructions, perform call back to clients, ensure correct information and timely scanning of instructions are provided to back office
- respond timely and accurately to back office throwbacks/ enquiries, make referrals (to relationship managers and/ or Compliance, etc.) if necessary
- contact clients and/ or relationship managers to clarify/ resolve irregular transactions
- handle enquires from counterparts
- perform intra-day and day-end control to ensure no transactions/ throwbacks are unattended at middle office
- monitor closely the transaction processing progress at back office, especially the critical/ urgent payments
- understand the group, bank and regulatory policies/ guidelines and apply proper control to the works/ transactions
- review daily reports and/ or exceptions and take appropriate actions as required
b) Optimize the use and allocation of team resources to ensure daily works are completed in a timely manner
c) Timely report and escalate production incident to eliminate/ reduce the impact to the client and the Bank
d) Update the operating procedures within the review period and ensure the required processes and controls are documented
e) Act as a payment specialist for functional reviews on products/ services that are handled by the team
f) Anti-Money Laundering/ Financial Sanctions (“AML/FS”) related duties - Operations are an integral part of the control framework including for AML/FS topics. In that respect, in performing your role you are expected to ensure adherence to AML/FS-related Group Policies and execution of associated operational controls, and to promptly escalate any resulting hit for analysis and decision
Active participation in BCP drills, HKICL drills, system enhancement projects (involving user requirement, UAT, etc.), STP/ process improvement initiatives.
Other duties/ ad hoc projects as assigned by department head.
Ideal candidate profile
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Good PC skills (Microsoft Words, Excel, etc.)
- High accuracy and strong attention to detail
- See below