MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
- Process all the corporate term deposits, interbank loans and Complex Deposits (CPD) initiated by Treasury within the US branches and Canada.
- Match the confirmations
- Process all settlements of securities for the US and Canada through the respective custodians BONY (Bank of New York) and CDS (Clearing and Depository Services system) and follow their events (coupon, redemption…)
- Handle the pledge of securities to the Federal Reserve, the States and the Bank of Canada.
- Process the issuance of Medium Term Notes (MTN) and their events (coupon, buy back…)
- Process Interest Rate Swap (IRS) and follow their events (interest payments, unwind…)
- Process Stock, Warrant & Equity activity, including following events like Capital Calls & Dividends for Equities.
- Handle the issuance (input, validate) Commercial paper related to Orbian, Starbird, Matchpoint, BNP NY, Fortis NY and BNP Dublin programs and monitor settlements throughout the day.
- Follow the daily movements related to the CDCC activity (clearing of futures and options on futures) in order to pass accounting entries, generate payments and prepare a daily reconciliation
- Input SWIFT payments either to transfer funds to/from our custodians or if it is resulting from any event on the above products.
- Maintain key performance indicator report.
- Trouble shoot & Investigate Daily Cash Break reports.
- Pass manual adjustments through the general ledger (GL).
- Perform the various controls in place and confirm in ORUS.
- Ensure all questions from Front Office and Clients are answered timely
- Ensure that the procedures are updated when there are changes in the existing process or create new ones when there are new processes.
- Provide backup coverage to other functions within unit when the team is short staffed due to a holiday or sick leaves and when there are cross training between team members.
- Ensure all answers are provided timely to the appropriate team upon a cash break
- Ensure all requests from Audit are answered timely and provided with sufficient support
Ideal candidate profile
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree with a concentration on Finance (or equivalent)
2-5 years of experience in operations
In depth understanding of accounting events for Money Markets, Securities and Derivatives Products
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
Bilingual : English and French
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Problem solver
- Ability to multi task and work in a high pressure environment
- Well versed in Excel
- Swift Alliance Knowledge
Excellent phone skills to communicate with both Front Office, Middle Office and Clients
This job requires a strong commitment (issues cannot be left unresolved). Team of 6 ensures coverage from 8.30 am to 7 pm (rotation basis in place).
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group's activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.