We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America’s Best Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Site Utilities Engineer – (2002182) – Beaumont, TX
Where the Chemistry Happens
From designing to running a major production facility - the field of engineering and production at BASF is where true professionals with excellent technical and scientific expertise can apply their knowledge in challenging environments. This is especially true when it comes to plant engineering and construction on the large scale; there are many challenges to overcome. Always in focus though, is securing our leading position in the industry while holding fast to our high safety and environmental standards.
We are seeking a professional like you to join the Beaumont team as the site’s Utilities Engineer. Site Utilities is responsible for the operation of the site steam generation and distribution system, the production and distribution of clarified and softened water, and instrument air. Utilities is also responsible for the distribution of nitrogen and natural gas to all production units on site.
In this role, you will be primarily responsible for supporting the daily operation of the Utilities operations while providing technical assistance in executing the required operational plans. You will apply Engineering Best Practices to solve process and production problems and create improvements in the plant operations. You will analyze productivity, quality, and maintenance data and use that information to optimize existing plant equipment. You will also be responsible for the environmental compliance and improvements for the area with regards to environmental regulations around air and land. This position requires you to demonstrate your strong leadership qualities in safe plant operation, as the site has PSM/RMP regulated chemicals.
This job is for a Utilities engineering position to provide support to the assigned unit daily execution team. Opportunities for long term career advancement and many interesting challenges exist within this group.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
· Leveraging your education in an Engineering discipline and professional experience in a chemical, petrochemical or related manufacturing environment, you will provide troubleshooting assistance and knowledge transfer for troubleshooting assistance to the Daily Production Execution team. Additionally, you will provide engineering based continuous improvement solutions for maximizing the reliability of the site’s utility systems and identify Lean opportunities and support implementation.
· Utilizing your familiarity with chemical processing equipment, you will provide technical and administrative support to operations, maintenance and the business in support of the production plan, as well as support projects with technical and operational input related to utility systems. Additionally, you will use this knowledge as you participate in micro/finite production planning and scheduling.
· Demonstrating your commitment to an efficient and safe workplace, you will offer technical and leadership support in root cause failure analysis for production and quality incidents, as well as participate and provide expertise (as necessary) in Process Hazard Analyses (PHAs). Additionally, you will generate and complete MOCs and revalidate temporary MOCs to confirm they are still valid.
· Your proven organizational skills will be useful as you ensure required regulatory logs and documentation are maintained in an organized, systematic fashion easily accessible for audits/inspections. You will also use these skills as you ensure proper documentation of operating files, records, and operation drawings.
· Using your strong leadership ability, you will monitor and provide guidance for the achievement of plant goals, objectives, and operational budgets.
· Your commitment to workplace health and safety will be essential as you will be responsible for the review of daily environmental compliance records, follow-up, track and ensure timely closeout of environmental related action items and develop and implement processes (both equipment based and administrative) to achieve compliance with all regulatory requirements.
· Serving as a role model for safety mindsets and behaviors, you will champion safety through your actions and communications.
· Your effective communication skills will serve you well as you develop and provide support for training of operations personnel. You will also use these skills as you interface with suppliers, customers, and vendors as needed for planning and maintaining plant operations. Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.