Job Field: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Location: Quincy, FL, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1903395
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Formula for Success: You Will…
The Maintenance Mechanic 2 will install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair mechanical equipment in an industrial plant, including hammer mills, bucket elevators, conveyor belts and other mechanical work of a varied nature with minimum supervision. Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
Maintenance Mechanic Level 2 – 1903395– Quincy, FL
• Recognizes and practices safe work habits in all facets of daily duties.
• Installs, rearranges, and aligns complex equipment.
• Diagnose trouble, plan and perform all mechanical operations necessary to modify, dismantle, repair, overhaul and rebuild all types of difficult and complicated plant machinery and equipment, process and special equipment involving layout and development
• Dismantles, repairs and reassembles complex equipment.
• Performs work in the mechanic's skill area such as fabrication, assembly, welding, burning, cutting and pipefitting. Cutting welding methods include - oxyacetylene, plasma arc, shielded arc, tungsten arc, flux cored, carbon arc cutting and gouging, and submerged arc.
• Completes routine paperwork as required.
• Works from drawings, verbal instructions or sketches.
• Inspects own and others work for quality and dimensional requirements.
• Must read, comprehend, and execute tasks and concepts found in technical operating and maintenance manuals.
• Routinely rigs equipment for lifting with either hoist or cranes. Loads routinely run several thousand pounds.
• Uses basic computer skills to access CMMS information.
• Requires lifting up to 50 lbs, carrying up to 25 lbs.
• Must be team oriented and have a willingness to learn and further develop technical skills.
• Required to be on call and work nights and weekends as needed.
• Required to wear respirator and other needed safety equipment.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• High School Diploma or GED and 5 years of Mechanical experience OR 2 year Associate Degree in industrial maintenance/technology from a technical school or college and three years’ experience in a mechanical industrial maintenance technician's position.
• Detail oriented and willing to document details appropriately.
• Strong troubleshooting and fault isolation skills.
• Familiar with Mechanical Rotating Equipment systems.
• Strong personal safety philosophy.
• Willingness to work overtime and respond to call-out after hours and weekends when needed.
• Diesel engine equipment repair experience a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.