The Process Research and Chemical Engineering Division brings together a variety of competencies, including inorganic chemistry, organic synthesis, battery research, catalysis, process development and technology, as well as technical services for laboratories/technical centers. In interdisciplinary global teams, we develop innovative products, processes and technologies for a sustainable future and work with internal partners and customers.
In the group Safety Engineering of the BASF SE, heat accumulation pressure vessel tests are performed to characterize the kinetics of chemical reactions. Based on these kinetics pressure relief devices will be sized to protect apparatus against inadmissible overpressure. In this internship/thesis a specific reaction system with a gas formatting decomposition has to be investigated. Studying this system offers the unique opportunity for BASF to benchmark its experimental and design methods for pressure relief devices against other companies and against large-scale experimental data.
· As an intern you will accompany our team the experimental phase in the laboratory.
· You will evaluate the results and compare them with the large-scale tests.
· Furthermore, you will do the systematic evaluation of the impact of experimental set-up on kinetics.
· In addition, you will calculate the size determination of the required relief area with stationary and dynamic approaches.
· Writing a thesis is also possible
· study of process engineering, chemical engineering or a comparable subject
· experience with process and reaction engineering is preferable
· ideally first knowledge in the field of mixture-thermodynamics as well as process modelling and -simulation
· experienced handling of MS Excel and Matlab
· very good written and spoken English skills
From day one you will be part of the BASF family. You will get involved in challenging fields of activity and have the opportunity to work on exciting projects in an interdisciplinary environment. Depending on the location of the respective group company you will get to know BASF and participate in various workshops and guided tours. In this way you will make numerous interesting experiences and get a deep insight into the world’s leading chemical company.
Information regarding internships: on.basf.com/internship
Do you have questions about the application process or the job? Ms Khand Thräner (Talent Acquisition) +49 (0)30 2005 59929
Please note that we do not return paper applications including portfolios. Therefore, please submit only copies and no originals.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at on.basf.com/Headquarters
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.