We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF's Asia Pacific regional headquarters is located in Hong Kong and had 467 employees by the end of 2019.
Dispersions & Pigments (ED) is one of our global business units. Our business plays an important role in our everyday lives. Our products are invisible high-performance components in many daily products, giving essential properties to paints, adhesives, fibre, constructions materials, electronic materials and more. We operate in over 45 countries, employing over 8,000 employees globally.
Objectives of the Position
As part of the Global Supply Chain & Business Solutions team, you will report to Vice President, Global Supply Chain & Business Solutions and serve as a project consultant to develop and implement various strategic and tactical projects in supply chain areas, both globally and regionally. The project goals are to achieve continual improvement in our customer service levels, costs and capital, as well as raise customers’ overall experience in doing business with BASF.
· Conduct performance simulation with comprehensive analysis on sales volume, customers, product portfolio, product margins, market shares, financials, etc., in order to draw hypothesis and projected effect on business investments
· Strategize to manage product portfolio complexity and offer differentiated cost-to-serve models to various customer segments
· Develop business rules and operational processes to assure profitable growth
· Conceptualize, design and implement end-to-end collaboration with regards to performance improvement
How You Will Succeed in the Role
· Engage and communicate proactively with business and functional teams across the globe and regions
· Able to grasp BASF Supply Chain key performance indicators and process performance indicators, and specific end-to-end processes where they are being applied
· Challenge the status quo and assumptions constructively on the overall effectiveness of existing processes
· Initiate steps to identify new opportunities and improvement areas with concrete measures and structured implementation steps
· Students of Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Supply Chain Management, Engineering
· Commitment to a full-time / part-time internship in Hong Kong for a duration from 6 to 12 months
· Basic knowledge in supply chain and business processes
· Keen interest in exploring the role of supply chain in chemical business
· Previous project, coursework and internship experience in chemical industry will be a plus
· Strategic, analytical, proactive, self-motivated, collaborative, mobilizing, innovative, customer oriented, “thrives under pressure” are the words that best describe you
· Submit your CV, cover letter and school transcripts on our online job portal
· In your application, state clearly your available period, and your expected graduation date
For more information about BASF Internship Program, please visit https://on.basf.com/BASF_HK_Internship