Job Field: Human Resources
Location: Hong Kong, HK
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Internship
Job ID: EN_HK_34678
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
For BASF, diversity is one of the essential keys to business success and the well-being of our employees. We promote an inclusive culture that accepts the diversity of people, experiences and capabilities. By embracing talents and abilities of all kinds, we aim to boost creativity and motivation, and enhance our teams’ performance.
Join the team and connect with more than 110,000 other minds.
BASF’s regional headquarters is located in Hong Kong, overseeing over 18,000 employees at about 100 sites across Asia Pacific. BASF’s Hong Kong office houses regional business units (Monomers, Intermediates, Performance Chemicals, Care Chemicals, Coatings and Dispersions & Pigments) and regional functional units (Human Resources, Finance & Controlling, Corporate Audit, Legal, Taxes & Insurance, Strategic Planning & Business Development, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Corporate Affairs). BASF also maintains the global headquarters of its Dispersions and Pigments business in Hong Kong.
Human Resources (HR) team provides HR Services to businesses on a key account basis and is responsible for all HR matters for employees based in Hong Kong.
Objectives of the Position
As part of the local HR team, you will be reporting to Senior Manager, Human Resources Hong Kong and support the team in day-to-day HR operations and projects
· Provide HR administrative support in various payroll and operational activities
· Support process review, analysis, project planning and implementation of Operational HR Excellence projects
· Ensure compliance to legislative requirements for new joiners
· Maintain HR data and ensuring upkeep of file maintenance and assist in HR Intranet maintenance
· Assist in training/event coordination through constant liaison with internal and external stakeholders
· Support ad-hoc projects and activities as and when required Requirements
· Commitment to a 6-month part-time internship from December 2019
· Students of Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business Administration or related discipline
· Proficient in oral and written English and Chinese
· Proficient in MS Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Having SAP knowledge is a plus point
· Meticulous, self-starter, proactive, positive attitude and result-oriented Application Procedure
· Submit your CV, cover letter and school transcripts on our online job portal
· In your application, state clearly your available period, and your expected graduation date For more information about BASF Internship Program, please click here.