Job Field: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Location: Regina, SK, CA
Company: BASF Canada
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_CA_1903386
You can be part of an inclusive team of diverse talent and character. In this diversity lies our greatest strength.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens...
We are looking for a new member to join our team in formulating, on average, 30 million litres of products annually. This is done while maintaining safety, efficiency and quality standards. A successful candidate will take part in the following responsibilities
· Operate equipment (Pumps, mixers, scales and forklifts) in a safe, conscientious and responsible manner.
· Maintain accurate formulation records by generating, entering and confirming process orders on SAP
· Operate, maintain and troubleshoot the equipment (bag conditioner, air pumps, centrifugal pumps, hoists, Jib cranes) in a safe, conscientious and responsible manner, wearing the appropriate personal protective equipment, following Standard Operating Procedures and proper work methods, in accordance with Environmental, Health and Safety Standards
· High level of housekeeping must be maintained and monitored within the team
· Interact with other departments, through open communication, maintaining and promoting a positive working relationship ensuring the plant’s function is effective and efficient. Effectively participate in sharing resources and knowledge throughout the Regina Plant to achieve high efficiencies
· Must be willing to work overtime shifts if possible when required by business needs. This position requires participation in a shift rotation.
· Day to day operations include the use of respirators including full face and half mask
· Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
· Experience in a production/processing environment
· Strong mechanical and problem-solving skills
· Strong mathematical abilities, including metric conversion.
· Basic chemical knowledge is an asset
· Computer proficiency and ability to use Microsoft office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) are key
· SAP or similar ERP system experience is strongly preferred
· Ability to set priorities and make decisions in a dynamic, fast paced work environment
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Lean / Six Sigma training considered an asset