We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Administrative Support Analyst - 2002186– Monaca, PA
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are looking for a talented individual like yourself to work in our the Dispersions & Resins (ED) business unit as part of our Monaca, PA company site.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
· High School Diploma/GED with five years of experience in a similar position or Associates Degree with two years of experience in a similar position
· Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with flexibility to adapt to changing work priorities while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
· Demonstrated ability in problem solving, analytical skills and attention to detail is essential along with organizational, cross functional team communication, collaboration and excellent interpersonal skills.
· Proficient in SAP, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, other computerized system software.
· Ambitious self-starter with the ability to work independently under general supervision.
· Must have knowledge of accounting, financial and human resources reporting. Principal Responsibilities
· Responsible for accurate and timely processing of payroll transactions within SAP while maintaining a confidential work environment.
· Weekly error review and processing, attendance tracking, problem resolution, and accuracy verification.
· Process bi-weekly payroll which confirms accurate hours to be paid to hourly employees and exceptions for exempt employees.
· Complete and submit Overtime Surveys.
· Provide training and assistance to all site system users.
· Ensure employee data, including (but not limited to) organizational assignment, position, title and pay changes are correctly submitted and processed through SAP.
· Work with HR and Management to understand bargaining unit contract interpretation with regard to payroll transactions.
· Correspond with employees on resolving payroll questions and problems. Be able to optimize process for continuous improvement for accurate efficient recording and processing.
· Ensure adherence to proper internal controls, Company policies and procedures, and Generally Accepted Principles in all aspects of the Payroll function. Abide by Retention policy for all records.
· Process utility and direct pay invoices, purchase requisitions and check requests.
· Resolve site invoicing and goods receipt issues via weekly review/clearing of Work Cycles and monthly GRIR report.
· General Ledger account analysis to trend spending and correct inaccuracies.
· Monthly reporting for the Monaca and Chattanooga sites including, but not limited to, Production, Shipments, Capital, Maintenance and Fixed Cost reporting.
· Site coordinator for the purchasing card (P-card) program.
· Site contact for the CASS Freight Payment System
· Administrative support for the ED Monaca, PA functions at the Site including Production, Quality Control, Supply Chain, EHS, Finance and Human Resources.
· Assist with general requests from other sites which work closely with Monaca’s Site Director.
· Assists with oversight for the janitorial services and addresses all issues that may occur.
· Responsible for maintaining and ordering office supplies and catering needs for the site.
· Assist Site Director and MLT with expense reporting
· Responsible for daily journey audits, forklift inspections, fire extinguisher inspections, and safety inspection logging.
· Regular report generation for site engineering, controlling, operations and human resources as assigned.
· Support and assist with various departmental activities and special projects as assigned.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.