Network System Administrator-L3
The candidate will provide Tier 1/2 network monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance in a 24x7x365 network control center. The position will need to maintain a ticket queue resolving issues based on priority that gets escalated by lower Tier teams and SLA. The position demands someone comfortable with collaborating in and outside of the department to drive issues to resolution. A self driven leader !
• Must have experience with circuit providers and troubleshooting circuit related issues.
• Core networking fundamental skills are critical for this role to troubleshoot routing, switching, and wireless infrastructures. (Cisco Skills is a plus)
• Understanding of STP (PVSTP, PVSTP+), MSTP, HSRP, LACP.
• Candidate must have familiarity with DNS and DHCP.
• Engineer must be familiar with EIGRP, BGP, Static Routing and Load Balancers
• Ability to make changes via a CLI method.
• Experience communicating verbally and in writing with peers and management.
• Display organizational skills to prioritize issues based on severity.
• Must be a self motivator to research solutions based on need.
• Knowledge and experience with Cisco/Viptela SD WAN/Meraki, HP/Aruba, NSM, Citrix Netscalars and Wanscalars and F5
• Familiarity with network monitoring and ticketing tools, i.e. Remedy, SMARTS, Scrutinizer
• Working knowledge of access lists, firewalls, and troubleshooting along the lines.
• Firm understanding of Wireless technologies, channels, SNR.
• Certifications: CCNA or Network +
Certifications and Previous Experience
• CCNA, CCNP or CCDP Preferred
• Cisco Data Center Network (Nexus Devices)
• Cisco VSS
• 2+ years in network supporting role, required
24/7 Shift - Should be fine