Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with over 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of over € 11 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information technology space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education as well as multicultural and pluralistic approaches to research that contribute to scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the group enables its customers, employees and collaborators, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably and confidently in the information technology space.
As a Big Data Platform Engineer, you will be working on a range of highly important projects for clients worldwide, mainly focused on mixed Cloud solutions, on premises solutions and Hadoop ecosystem. These include automation of operations and managing the deployment of the platform, guide platform architecture, ensuring flexibility and scalability.
Are you ready for this kind of challenge?
With ATOS You Will:
Get the knowledge about different solutions all over the world in BIG Data World
Work primarily with Cloud technologies such as Google, Azure or AWS
Work closely with a variety of external and internal vendors
Finally, design, create and implement the best solutions in BIG Data environments
• Designing, building and maintaining of Big Data environments including Cloud solutions
• Creating automation across the Big Data environments
• Be active member of engineering DevOps team collaborating with customers all over the world
• Participation in R&D projects related to Cloud computing and Big Data
• Suggesting new standards and solutions for providing high quality of delivered services
• Tracking trends and latest issues related to the domain of conducted projects
• Creating technical documentation, Create processes and procedures in the environments
• Support deployment, customizations, upgrades and monitoring via DevOps tools
• >1 year of experience in Linux/Unix systems including installation, configuration, networking, backups, updates and patching;
• >1 year of experience in Big Data platform solutions, to include the following: Hadoop, HDFS, HBase, Spark
• Java, SQL background and experience but capable of thinking in terms of networks rather than tables.
• Basic knowledge of cloud solutions (i.e. AWS, AMAZON or GOOGLE)
• Basic knowledge of different monitoring systems (i.e. Nagios) and different automation tools
• Hadoop Hortonworks Certification is a plus
• Passion for technology & understanding how things work.
• Ability to work occasional weekends and varied schedule. (e.g. during go-live).
Competences and skills:
• Inspiring, motivating and positive attitude who does not hesitate taking up any challenge.
• Has a positive mind-set who demonstrates a can-do-attitude rather than exhibiting known issues or other blockers as possible disrupting agents in meeting delivery and quality targets.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Good teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Readiness to work with Big Data (processing of terabytes of data reliably in daily manner) and Fast data (processing tenth/hundreds thousands of events per second in cluster/cloud environment)
• Very Good English languages skills (at least B2 level)
Nice to have:
• Knowledge of VMware/Microsoft system administration
• Knowledge of Anisble , PostgreSQL
• Familiarity with languages (especially Scala, Python, R)
• Knowledge of Spark streaming, Kafka, Nifi, Flume, ZooKeeper, Hive, Hawq, Cassandra, Impala is a plus
We take care of your personal data privacy. More information about processing your personal data within recruitment process you can find on our website:https://atos.net/pl/polska/gdpr
Here at Atos, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.