Acccount Development Centralized Merchant Team Italy
· Driving growth of the smaller merchants in the Italian market.
· Responsibility for several projects linked to smaller merchants 'satisfaction
· Develop in-depth understanding of the marketplace
· Differentiate American Express value, especially to core merchants
· Develop and implement a strategy for core merchants, including ad hoc activities and processes.
· Contact core merchants which have significantly dropped in Discount Business Volume or have become inactives and identify/resolve the causes and ensure that the Merchant understands the Premium Value Proposition and the benefits that acceptance of the Card brings to their business.
· Contact merchants over the phone for suppression cases, disputes, fraud, discount negotiations and cancellation threats)
· Active support and reinforcement of the premium value proposition (PVP) using appropriate marketing activities and campaigns
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
· Strong sales background with relationship building experience drive and strong networking skills
· Solid analytical and strategic thinking abilities
· Ability to operate in a matrix environment with strong influencing and relationship building skills – ability to relate to people at all levels throughout the organization
· Ability to work as part of a team
· High level of integrity, willingness to learn and adapt to changes
· Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, articulate manner
· Previous experience in a sales environment in call centre
· Results-driven, independent & self-motivated - used to working towards goals
· Excellent level of negotiation and objection handling skills
· Strong listening skills
· Customer-focused approach
· Professional and mature attitude
· Proven ability to independently drive and consistently deliver excellent results in a very challenging competitive environment
· Italian native speaker. Due to the nature of the role applicants must be native speakers or have in-depth knowledge of the country and culture, gained by having lived long periods of time in the country or by having had previous working sales experience in the country.
· Eligibility to work in Spain