Description de l'offre
We are looking for a smart, passionate Tax Analyst to join our Global Tax Calculation Services team. The Global Tax Calculation Services Program is comprised of tax professionals and software engineers that are responsible for providing end-to-end global transaction tax calculation solutions (sales and use taxes, value-added taxes, good and services taxes, and other consumption taxes) to Amazon and thousands of other merchants selling on Amazon marketplaces and other e-commerce platforms.
This individual will initially be tasked with assisting with global product classification efforts for billions of products, in multiple languages, for tax purpose. This person will also be responsible for ensuring the tax calculation platform is in compliance with both global and domestic tax laws. As a Tax Analyst on the Global Tax Calculation Services Team, the individual will have the opportunity to improve the customer experience by contributing to the accuracy and efficiency of the tax classification function.
• Evaluating new business initiatives to determine if/what enhancements need to be made to the tax calculation services platform
• Providing guidance based on tax research and data analysis for a broad array of technology products and services.
• Assisting with general tax issues; such as research related to tax calculation and compliance, tax collection responsibilities, and other advanced e-commerce topics
• Researching transaction tax laws to create and maintain the tax rules (e.g. product taxability)
• Participate in team operational excellence programs and process improvements
• Create training data supporting Machine Learning initiatives for product tax classification
· Maintain metrics and reporting for measuring process improvement
· Assist in designing tools and services supporting the product tax classification function
· Actively participate in selected projects throughout their life-cycle
· 2+ year of corporate experience
· Finance or tax background
· Analytical skills
· Proficiency in English and German or French
· Detail oriented, highly organized, decisive, and self-motivated
· Bachelor's degree
· Excellent communication (written and oral in English) and interpersonal skills