Amazon is seeking a Sr. UX Designer to take a lead role in designing our Workforce Experience product suite. Our mission is to create customer-centric products and services that empower Amazon employees to reach their potential. We create HR products and experiences for employees throughout their career at Amazon; from seasoned industry veterans looking for their next adventure, to new talent looking to make their mark on the world, to associates managing their schedules and paychecks at the beating heart of Amazon’s Fulfillment Center network. Our product portfolio spans all aspects of an Amazonian’s career, from recruiting, to on-boarding, to workforce management, and even as an alumni. Our customer base spans every Amazon business, as well as those looking to join us–including you!
We are looking for a talented and experienced design leader that has a proven track record of establishing a bold vision, developing strong teams, and delivering bar-raising, customer-centric experiences. You will bring together UX and service design to consider all touch points throughout the workforce experience. You will work with a team of passionate designers to create products to address the sheer scale of employees at Amazon, while providing engaging, personal, and human experiences.
· Create elegant, intuitive user experiences that meet the evolving needs of our customers
· Lead the planning and strategic phases of a project. Proactively pitch new CX ideas, backed by a strong, well-articulated rationale.
· Understand target users deeply: develop or work from user profiles and conduct task analysis, create user scenarios or use stories.
· Create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups and detailed UI and visual design specifications for web, mobile web and app interfaces.
· Be a champion for user testing by partnering with researchers to get your solutions in front of customers; and be willing to conduct scrappy, around-the-office user testing on your own if required.
· Contribute to user interface design guidelines and development best practices and standards at Amazon
· Independently deliver UX solutions for problems of large scope and complexity.
· Work through ambiguity, and adapt your approach to meet the needs of multiple stakeholders.
· Experience designing products for global markets.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor’s degree in Design, HCI, or related field or equivalent professional experience
· 10+ years of experience in application design for digital products
· Experience shipping software through close collaboration with Product, Engineering, and Marketing functions
· Proven experience with rapid, iterative design and development processes
· A strong portfolio of design work that demonstrates human-centered design and business impact