The Alarm AES (Advanced Engineering Support) Team's focus is on the Ring Alarm product, a connected, DIY home security system. The mission of the AES Team is to champion quality, reliability and usability of the overall Ring Alarm System. We are seeking a highly motivated QAE (Quality Assurance Engineer) to join our AES team.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, and skilled at System-Level testing for DIY systems containing Z-Wave or Zigbee devices. Other desired skills include strong troubleshooting and documentation skills and a familiarity with network connectivity, WiFi, VLAN, Cellular and related protocols.
· You will assist in the development of a qualification process with a focus on in-depth system-level testing, analysis, and reporting of the health and performance of the Ring Alarm System in the areas of network connectivity and cellular functionality of the base station as well as the connectivity and health of connected Z-Wave devices.
· The qualification process includes the design of test strategies, test plans and the setup and configuration of long-running test environments.
· You will provide customer service agents with advanced technical triage and troubleshooting assistance with the Ring Alarm Base Station and connected devices.
· Troubleshoot and isolate bugs to help developers research the root cause of problems, and track defects through resolution.
· You will identify and accurately report any issues found and assist developers or other testers by providing logs or other data as necessary.
· You will assist with the recreation of issues for devices returned to office as a result of triage/diagnosis by customer service representatives.
· You will stay connected and follow up on support cases that have been escalated and with internal engineering teams who have outstanding actions.
· You will setup and monitor isolated test systems of varying sizes to support short and long-term development, debugging and investigative efforts.
· You will collaborate with internal teams and customers to help prioritize opportunities for product improvement.
· You will communicate frequently both verbally and in writing with your team and with other groups.
· Investigate and troubleshoot technical issues and consult with development teams when necessary.
· Collect and analyze many different types of logs using tools such as Kibana, Tableau and Splunk.
· Deliver defect reports that include steps to reproduce, logs, clear description of actual results vs. expected, helpful title / summary.
· Provide detailed status reports for management.
· Keep team members informed of critical issues and escalate concerns promptly and appropriately with limited guidance from your manager or team members.
· Keep up to date knowledge of Ring Alarm features and details of connected device operation.
· BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
· Experience working with alarm systems and life safety devices.
· Familiar with home security and home automation products.
· Familiarity with Z-Wave, ZigBee, or other IoT RF Protocols.
· Experience with Tools / frameworks – Jira, Confluence, TestNG, TestRail.
· Experience working with data analysis tools such as Kibana, Tableau, Splunk, or equivalent.
· Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Ideal candidate profile
· 1+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
· Experience in manual testing
· Experience in automation testing
· Bachelor's Degree