The European Amazon FP&A BI team is seeking for a smart and ambitious Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) based in Madrid to support pan-European financial analysis and reporting efforts across EU.
As a BIE you will be working on various business problems in complex data warehouse environments. You will dive deep into big datasets with an expectation to produce the best analytics and metrics to solve problems. You will work closely with other technology teams to lead or partner on projects involving automation. You will also partner with business teams and learn about different aspects of the Amazon Retail business and work on problems that are critical to the entire business.
· Design, implement and support a system that can provide ad-hoc access to large datasets
· Model data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting
· Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
· Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
· Learning and understanding a broad range of Amazon's data resources and know how, when, and which to use
· Drive reporting improvement and automation and create new innovative and insightful reports in a timely manner
· Extracting data using Oracle SQL, Amazon Redshift, and other technologies. Analyzing data using suitable tools (e.g., Excel, Tableau, Power BI, R, Python)
· Responding with urgency to high priority external and internal requests