Do you get excited by the thought of Alexa as your personal digital work assistant? If so, then we would love to talk!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced and self-starter Business Development Manager to drive adoption for AWS Alexa for Business, a new voice service in the company's Business Productivity suite. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team and help define and execute the worldwide business development strategy.
AWS is one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses, servicing millions of customers in more than 190 countries, reshaping the way global enterprises consume information technology and powering the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS customers include some of the most innovative startups like Netflix, Pinterest, Airbnb, and Instagram as well as some of the largest global enterprises like Shell International, Unilever, Hitachi, Sharp, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Samsung.
The ideal candidate will have market development and business development experience in building businesses that enable users to deploy conferencing and collaboration solutions for enterprise meeting rooms in the AWS cloud, be a self-starter, and be willing operate both tactically and strategically. As key team member in this fast growing, exciting space you will have the opportunity to help lead the early market development efforts for Alexa for Business and work with a variety of companies in both public sector and commercial market segments. You will drive wins with lighthouse customers, foster new eco-system partnerships, assist customers with their proof-of-concept initiatives, refine enablement and sales tools, document repeatable sales plays, and shape the future of this new service.
Your responsibilities will include creating a comprehensive, repeatable sales motion for the Alexa for Business Meeting Room solution. You will be required to identify and work with early adopters who can help validate the current feature set and influence the direction of the product. This role includes driving lighthouse customer wins in specific market segments. As the business formulates, you will lead efforts to enable sales in getting field ready for selling. This will involve creating a strong partnership with sales and working with them to grow a global pipeline focused on driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the AWS Alexa for Business team and drive the overall Meeting Room go-to-market sales motion
· Work directly with customers to successfully complete company-wide deployments of Alexa for Business, leveraging cross-functional Solution Architect and Professional Services teams and partners
· Provide valuable and actionable business insights to the Service Team based on depth of engagement with customers in new business voice assistant market
· Engage eco-system of partners, SIs, etc. to create early demand and drive adoption
· Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g., AWS service teams, marketing, sales)
· Assist customers with becoming an authorized AWS Customer Reference and promote those references through all available channels
· Manage pricing negotiations in partnership with the AWS Account Managers
· Thought leadership – develop compelling audience-specific messages and tools (product videos, customer success stories, demos, whitepapers, presentations, how to guides etc.) and evangelize AWS through forums such as AWS Blogs, Whitepapers, Reference architectures and Public-Speaking events such as AWS Summits, re:Invent, and User-Group events.
· Adept at thinking strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
· Must have a keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness
· Enjoys communicating with customers of all shapes and sizes with a passion for helping customers, from start-ups to established enterprises
· Treats the business as a general manager who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus
· Consistently exceeds key performance metrics
· Expect moderate travel.
Ideal candidate profile
· 7+ years of experience in technology related sales or business development
· BA/BS Degree
· Demonstrated success in executing deals and partnerships
· Able to juggle multiple high-priority projects simultaneously
· Able to deal with ambiguity and manage changing priorities
· Effective time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· The ideal candidate will have market development and business development experience in building businesses that enable users to deploy conferencing and collaboration solutions for enterprise meeting rooms in the AWS cloud, be a self-starter, and be willing operate both tactically and strategically.