Amazon Data Services India Private Limited (ADSIPL), the local data center entity in India, Infrastructure Global Expansion Management team is looking for a Business Developer to work with teams across ADSIPL to procure data center capacity, support long term scaling strategies for Amazon Web Services (“AWS”)'s infrastructure regions, and manage a portfolio of critical infrastructure agreements of ADSIPL. This person will need to be a strategically oriented individual with strong communication skills that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment.
The Global Expansion Management team of ADSIPL supports by planning and executing long term scaling strategies for AWS Cloud's global data center network. As a Business Developer, you will work with stakeholders of ADSIPL to develop and execute contractual agreements with key infrastructure vendors of ADSIPL and support development, presentation, approval and tracking of long-term infrastructure scaling strategies of ADSIPL. In this role, you will also oversee the ADSIPL's procurement functions, own planning and management of its infrastructure costs, function as the relationship owner with vendors, and act as a subject matter expert on commercial matters related to its infrastructure agreements.
A successful candidate will be an exceptional communicator with both vendors and internal customers, have a strong ability to overcome obstacles to deliver the right results, possess a strong sense of ownership, be adept at taking calculated risks in order to act quickly, have strong organizational skills, program and project management skills, and be data driven with a passion for continuous improvement. This position involves direct contact with senior leaders and key vendors; you must have a professional demeanor and be able to communicate effectively with people at every level, both internally and externally.
· Manage infrastructure transactions: validate internal stakeholder inputs, engage with vendors, prepare business cases for leadership approval, and drive contract execution with Legal partners of ADSIPL
· Support development of Master Service Agreements, Master Work Orders, Service Orders and contract amendments of ADSIPL
o Prepare business cases to obtain leadership approvals for all contractual agreements of ADSIPL. Forecast project costs and partner with internal teams to build business case for leadership review
o Lead stakeholder requirements gathering related to contractual basis of design, scope of work, security and operational standards, logistical requirements, and obtain internal stakeholder approvals
o Manage internal stakeholder communication and provide status updates on contract executions. Represent team in project meetings and work to address project issues
· Oversee the management of commercial relationships with infrastructure vendors on procurement and account management related matters, and function as overall relationship owner from a vendor management capacity
· Oversee the management of ADSIPL's procurement activities including vendor onboarding/qualification, supplier engagement, purchase order creation, and purchase order lifecycle management.
· Manage infrastructure operating expenses, including obtaining internal financial approvals, budget planning with finance, working with vendors, performance management and accounting teams to address any invoicing or account escalation issues, and controlling cash disbursements.
· Act as subject matter expert on commercial and contractual matters related to ADSIPL's contract portfolio.
· Provide ad-hoc support and analysis on supply plans, strategy documents, account reviews, research requests, and stakeholder management.
· Ensure data integrity in supply planning and execution systems related to infrastructure supply options including cost, capacity, key dates, and contractual terms.
Develop and oversee the implementation of continual process improvement initiatives related to operational efficiency, team effectiveness and new value added activities.
Ideal candidate profile
4+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: business development, procurement, or finance
BS/BA degree in Business and/or Finance related field, or related experience
3+ years of experience managing procurement transactions; including supplier communication, cost analysis, negotiations and contracting, and supplier performance management
3+ years of experience managing commercial relationships with vendors and knowledge of vendor management best practices