Are you a data and analytics specialist and experienced with all the aspect of building Data Lakes including ingestion, transformation and cataloging? Do you have deep expertise in AWS services for managing data at speed and scale? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Solutions Architect to work with our customers and help them build cloud-based data lakes and leverage it for data analytics, and machine learning.
This role is a senior role in the Database and Analytics service teams at AWS and provides a unique opportunity to lead innovations and transformational change with large Enterprise customers in their journey to cloud. At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will become a trusted advisor to our customers and will partner with AWS specialist sales, business development, and product teams to craft a go to market strategy, ensure success of our most complex customer engagements, collect, organized and disseminate the internal expertise needed to drive data lakes, analytics, and machine learning workloads.
· Understand customer requirements and render those as architectural models that will operate at large scale and high performance, and advise customers on how to run these architectural models on AWS
· Work alongside customers to build data management platforms using Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Amazon Athena, AWS Glue, AWS Lake Formation and other related services.
· Extract best-practice knowledge, reference architectures, and patterns from these engagements for sharing with the worldwide AWS solution architect community and engineering teams.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· An advanced degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline
· AWS Certification, e.g. AWS Solutions Architect, Developer, or SysOps Associate/Professional
· Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business such as large enterprises and start-ups.
· Deep understanding of Data transformation/ETL tools and technologies and understanding of related concepts (such as data cataloging and curation, etc.)
· Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of Data Warehousing, Data Science and Data processing.
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **
Ideal candidate profile
· Highly technical and analytical with 10 or more years of ETL and analytics aystems development and deployment experience
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
· Ability to think understand complex business requirements and render them as prototype systems with quick turnaround time.
· Implementation and tuning experience in the Big Data Ecosystem, (such as Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Hive), Database (such as Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server) and Data Warehouses (such as Redshift, Teradata, Vertica)
· Knowledge of foundation infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization with Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
· BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Mathematics background preferred