Have a passion for driving change and innovation? Amazon is looking for an analytical, driven, and creative thinker to join the Prime Pantry team. Prime Pantry is a retail format launched to allow Amazon to sustainably sell low-ASP, mainstream CPG products at competitive prices to a national audience. Prime Pantry is a store within Amazon.com, offering mainstream consumable items (e.g. 12-packs of Coke, single boxes of Cheerios) with a customer experience that encourages customers to make a basket of items delivered to their door. After 4 years, the Pantry Program has expanded to 8 countries with remarkable success.
You will be responsible to scope and execute analyses to formulate recommendations on business growth opportunities to be presented to senior leadership. This role requires an individual with excellent statistical and analytical abilities, deep knowledge of business intelligence solutions, and have the ability to work with marketing and product development teams. The successful candidate will have passion for data and analytics, be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, and driven by a desire to innovate Amazon's approach to this space.
· Develop new and innovative analyses to inform Pantry product strategy and design. This analysis will determine approach and roadmap for key strategic initiatives.
· Analyze relevant business information, and uncover trends and correlations to develop insights that can materially improve our product and strategy decisions.
· Develop clear communications for recommended actions.
· Establish new, scalable, efficient, automated processes for tracking and reporting on progress of initiatives. This includes causal analysis on feature launches and its impact on the business.
· Use machine learning, data mining and statistical techniques to create new, scalable solutions for business problems.
Ideal candidate profile
· 5+ years hands on analytics work experience with proven quantitative orientation.
· Bachelor's degree in math, finance, engineering, statistics, or related discipline is required.
· Strong skills in Excel as well as other data visualization tools like Tableau, QlikView, Power BI etc.
· Proven analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
· Experience in partnering with business owners to understand requirements and develop supporting analysis to solve business problems.
· Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects.