EUSC management role for Sort Center operations, focusing on maximizing equipment reliability and operational performance of equipment such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply systems, and SCADA devices and programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Build and maintain a team of Automations expertise to support all EUSC legacy sites and launch activity.
2. Technical expertise leadership for all CSTs and CSLs within EUSC region.
3. Coordinate and plan work activities for the Regional Automations Engineers to accomplish goals and objectives of EUSC team.
4. Work closely with EUSC Operations, Operations Engineering, EUSC Start up Team, AFT Software teams, ACES team, and Safety in supporting MHE systems optimization and project implementation.
5. Understand, maintain and troubleshoot material handling control systems, including PLC/PC controllers and industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, motor control systems, servo drives, frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems.
6. Monitor MHE metrics and partner with facilities/operations for system performance issues and provide analysis across all EUSC Facilities.
7. Owner of the Network escalation support activities for the CST and CSL teams, for all EUSC Automations teams.
8. Ensure remote troubleshooting capability is available on a rotational system to provide 24/7/365 support for all hardware or controls software systems within the EUSC locations.
9. Facilitate Failure Analysis and Incident Review processes and implement process improvements or retraining to avoid future incidents.
10. Apply subject matter expertise in material handling and electronic systems to maximize building utilization of systems.
11. Perform, Utilize, and provide analysis EUSC System Assessments to assess material handling system performance.
12. Partner with Facility Operations leadership, equipment vendors and parts suppliers to plan and coordinate new technology installations. Act as the technical consultant for capital projects for RME EUSC team.
13. Communicate technical issues and project timelines with building leadership, operations and the maintenance teams.
Ideal candidate profile
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field or 2+ years controls experience within Amazon
• 4+ years of electrical and automation controls experience.
• Ability to lead others in a technical role and interact with all levels of management.
• Ability to identify, maintain, troubleshoot, and fully program AB RS LOGIX 5000 PLC's and PLC components
• Ability to identify, maintain, troubleshoot, and fully program Robotics system components and controls
• Ability to identify, maintain, troubleshoot, fully program, and design HMI components
• Ability to identify, maintain, troubleshoot, and fully program control network components
• Ability to identify, maintain, troubleshoot, and modify Motor Controls including motor starters, Variable Frequency Drives, DC drives, and standard electrical components.
• Industrial electrical hands-on experience and troubleshooting, including 480V 3-phase, 110 VAC, and 24VDC systems
• Understand Warehouse Management System Software Concepts and messaging protocols
• Understand Warehouse control systems concepts and messaging protocols
• Ability to execute project tasks assigned.
• Reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to interpret, modify, and develop drawings both mechanical and electrical
• Ability to identify, maintain, and utilize SCADA systems and KPI's
• Ability to train others with lesser skills
• Ability to access all levels and areas of the facility
• Ability to interpret and understand policies and procedures and relate them to others
.Travel typically 40%-50%