Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
The Airbus Chief Technology Office (CTO) is looking for a Software Scientist to join our Central Research & Technology – Virtual Product Engineering department in Ottobrunn, Germany.
With your creative and analytic mind, you will use your unique expertise to conduct research projects which realize the technology needs for generation after next products.
Tasks & accountabilities
The principle responsibilities of the role can be summarized as follows:
- To actively contribute to the research projects within their field and understand the value that they can deliver to future products.
- To identify opportunities for internal and external engagement based on developments within their field.
- To support stakeholder engagement and effectively communicate project outcomes to ensure technology transfer and knowledge retention in their field.
- To understand the impact of their activity within the scope of the Group Technology Roadmaps and develop their research community.
- To ensure all research conducted and intellectual property generated is properly protected.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
- Educated to a relevant degree in computer science or similar
- Strong technical background in Software Design, Computer Science and/or Engineering.
- Strong competences in one or more of the following fields: Embedded Software, Software Requirements and Fundamental Design; Software
Engineering Methods and Tools; Software Validation and Verification.
- Ability to assess any breakthroughs in this field (e.g. self-adaptive systems, autonomous systems) with a good knowledge of commercial and open source methods and tools