Airbus Operations SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Do you love technical challenges? Are you willing to enrich your aircraft knowledge? Do you want to boost your skills and network for the future?
Get on board! Take control of the aircraft and of your career by joining the Modelling and Simulation team in Systems Engineering!
We provide real-time simulation of the complete aircraft for design engineers, test engineers, suppliers and pilots. We bring our expertise in software/hardware development and our aircraft knowledge to provide state-of-the-art simulation. Whether for troubleshooting the in-service aircraft, building the iron bird or prototyping the cockpit of the future, we offer tailored solutions to all aircraft programs. Join our dynamic, close-knit community, with links extending across the Airbus Group, to get a grip on the complete aircraft. Our multicultural team spirit, creative mindset and virtual aircraft will ensure that you never experience a dull moment!
You will join the ' Simulation for Design ' team within the Modelling and Simulation Department.
As a Simulation Engineer , you will manage real-time simulations products that simulate aircraft systems, flight physics and aeronautical environment and you will provide them to the Airbus Engineering community.
Your main activities will be to:
· Define the evolutions of simulation products according to customers’ needs,
· Develop and validate those evolutions from a multi-system standpoint,
· Deliver to our customers the new versions and the associated documentations,
· Ensure products performance and representativeness,
· Provide technical support to our customers,
· Propose innovative solutions in order to improve our product policy,
· Steer sub-contracting activities.
Within this position, you will:
· Work on several critical systems such as Flight Controls, Autopilot, Landing Gear, Navigation system and Engines, and thus develop multi-system competencies.
· Acquire a global picture of Design Office, Flight Tests and Training activities on all programs inside AIRBUS.
You will deal with:
· Design Offices from different sites (France, Great Britain, Spain and Germany).
· Flight test teams
· “Training” customers’ representative
· Model and multi-systems specialists
Studies, skills and experience:
You are curious, you want to learn and to evolve in a dynamic team.
You love technical challenges and you want to work with different partners, in a multicultural environment, to enrich your aircraft knowledge.
· Software knowledge (but no development within this position): Linux, C & scripts
· Applied computer science to be able to handle different information and build virtual aircraft.
· General understanding of Aircraft systems and willing to learn how different systems are linked and work together
· A working level of English is needed.
Here are some Informal feedback from current job holders: “what I like in this role is...”:
· The opportunity to work within an integrated team with many interfaces and on many different technical issues.
· The opportunity to develop aeronautical multi-system competencies.
· The opportunity to have an overview of Design Office, Flight test and Training activities within Airbus.
If you feel interested in this position, then APPLY !
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.