Description de l'offre
Airbus Operations Ltd.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Airbus, the world’s leading Aircraft manufacturer has exciting new job opportunities to join its Engineering teams at Filton, Bristol.
Core activities include the design, engineering and support for Airbus wings, fuel systems and landing gear Integration. We develop our people to work on systems, structures and aerodynamics research, development and test facilities.
The engineering site at Filton is a vibrant and diverse place to work. Come and join our community which is developing the future of flight through our “Wing of Tomorrow” programme and researching the next big aviation concepts and subsequent technologies, within our new Airbus Wing Integration Centre.
An exciting opportunity for a Principal Manufacturing Engineer - Landing Gear has arisen in Airbus Filton to participate in the development of landing gear design capability for future Airbus aircraft.
Tasks & accountabilities
The main tasks and responsibilities of this role are:
- Ensure that Landing Gear design solutions down to component level are developed with optimised manufacturing and process considerations, to satisfy business requirements for future aircraft
- Develop industrial aspects of landing gear digital models for rapid application, optimisation and efficient re-use, in collaboration with Airbus specialists
- Ensure that manufacturing solutions for landing gear are fully validated and meet Airbus’ business objectives, considering future product and operational needs
- Contribute to the identification of gaps in Airbus’ industrial capability for future landing gears and to the development of integrated manufacturing solutions which satisfy business requirements for future aircraft
- Develop team members’ capability in the specialism.
- Identifying and assessing Internal Manufacturing and Supply Chain capabilities
- Supporting the development of Landing Gear make/buy strategy with Airbus Industrial
- Evaluation of an automated assembly philosophy
- Ensuring that the landing gear design considers speed and cost of manufacture, assembly, installation and maintenance
- Leading the industrial input for trade-off studies and design reviews.
- Implementation of Statistical Process Control / Key Characteristics methodologies to drive design decisions
- Correct application of Airbus process, methods and tools
- Working effectively in a multi-disciplined team and with key stakeholders to deliver an integrated design solution to time, cost and quality.
This job requires an awareness of any potential business and product compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Candidates are expected to be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering with relevant modules.
- Extensive experience of manufacturing Landing Gears at high-rate, or of manufacturing products with requirements and challenges very similar to those for high-rate production of commercial aircraft; must include end-to-end manufacturing knowledge of large metallic components, their assembly and production testing; should include experience of manufacturing hydraulic and electrical equipment, and aircraft installation
- Practical experience of manufacturing components with a variety of aerospace-grade materials including aluminium alloys, steel and Titanium
- Practical experience of manufacturing components with a variety of technologies and processes including forging, heat treatment and application of protective coatings; welding and additive manufacture are of interest
- Practical experience of performing NDT of components
- Practical experience of assembling and testing hydro-mechanical-electrical products
- Experience of product design considerations for manufacture
- Experience of industrial design/development process and governance, ideally with experience of Airbus’ process
- Experience of industrial requirements analysis, specification and cascade (V&V), including defining process requirements
- Experience of trade-off studies / design optimisation
- Multi-disciplinary knowledge, curious & innovative, willing to challenge the norm and learn/continuously improve
- Experience of activity planning and management, including familiarity with project management tools
- Ability to determine best practice and develop design rules for landing gear manufacture.
- Ability to achieve agreement through well-justified and pragmatic argument.
- Ability to structure, record and communicate knowledge clearly and consistently.
- Ability to foster strong team working and mentor other Engineers to develop their capabilities in landing gear manufacture
- English language at negotiation level.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
Posting date: 03.09.2018
Closing date: 31.12.2018
o Excellent competitive salary with yearly reviews
o Total remuneration package made up of Basic Salary, Performance Bonus & Success Sharing
o 25 days holiday (Ability to buy 35 additional hours) plus bank holidays
o Pension Scheme Defined contribution pension scheme with scale matching contribution
o Flexible Benefits based on grade – Multiple options including health care and car options
o Flexible working hours & practices (including Friday half-day)
o Onsite social clubs
o Strong career development opportunities (learning path, opportunities to move internally, UK wide and internationally)
Click here to watch an interesting video