Description de l'offre
Airbus Operations Ltd.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Airbus, the world’s leading Aircraft manufacturer has exciting new job opportunities to join its Engineering teams at Filton, Bristol.
Core activities include the design, engineering and support for Airbus wings, fuel systems and landing gear Integration. We develop our people to work on systems, structures and aerodynamics research, development and test facilities.
The engineering site at Filton is a vibrant and diverse place to work. Come and join our community which is developing the future of flight through our “Wing of Tomorrow” programme and researching the next big aviation concepts and subsequent technologies, within our new Airbus Wing Integration Centre.
An exciting opportunity for a Principal Design Engineer - Hydraulic Equipment has arisen in Airbus Filton to participate in the development of landing gear design capability for future Airbus aircraft.
Tasks & accountabilities
The main tasks and responsibilities of this role are:
- Identify gaps in Airbus’ design capability for future hydraulic equipment and develop integrated technical solutions
- Plan and execute work to build Airbus’ hydraulic equipment design capability, identifying resource need and leading activities
- Develop technical solutions based on digital models for rapid application, optimisation and efficient re-use, in collaboration with Airbus specialists
- Develop hydraulic equipment solutions satisfying product requirements for specific aircraft
- Ensure that solutions are fully validated and meet Airbus’ business objectives, considering future product and operational needs
- Develop team members’ capability in the specialism.
- Conceiving and creating excellent design solutions for hydraulic equipment, including installation and material consideration
- Evaluation of design solutions for hydraulic equipment including strength, performance, weight, manufacturability, cost, reliability and maintainability, optimised with the landing gear and for the aircraft
- Specification and control of hydraulic equipment product requirements down to component level
- Validation of design requirements and ensuring verification of design solutions, including compliance with Airbus
Standards and Airworthiness requirements
- Correct application of Airbus process, methods and tools
- Fulfilment of Aircraft functional and architectural requirements at hydraulic equipment level
- Maturity of design solution at entry into test phase and service.
- Working effectively in a multi-disciplined team and with key stakeholders to deliver an integrated design solution to time, cost and quality.
- Complete and accurate recording of design/product data for continuity and re-use in a digital environment
This job requires an awareness of any potential business and product compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Candidates are expected to be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level in Mechanical Engineering.
- Extensive experience of designing aerospace hydraulic equipment, or of high performance hydraulic equipment design with requirements and challenges very similar to those for commercial aircraft; must include direct experience of designing actuators, manifolds and control elements
- Experience of detail design including materials/finishes, sealing, bearings, control elements
- Experience of selecting aerospace-grade materials including aluminium alloys, steel and Titanium and surface treatments
- Experience of static/dynamic load and vibration/stability considerations for structural design
- Experience of kinematic design and mechanical system integration
- Practical experience of through-life performance of aerospace hydraulic equipment, including maintenance and repair
- Experience of design/development process and governance, ideally with experience of Airbus’ process
- Experience of product requirements analysis, specification and cascade (V&V), including defining test requirements
- Experience of trade-off studies / design optimisation
- Performing a Technical Approval role with signatory rights for data integrity
- Experience in use of digital design tools
- Experience in use of CAD/PLM tools, ideally with experience of Airbus tool suite including CATIA v5
- Multi-disciplinary knowledge, curious & innovative, willing to challenge the norm and learn/continuously improve
- Experience of activity planning and management, including familiarity with project management tools
- Ability to determine best practice, develop rules and methods for hydraulic equipment design.
- Ability to achieve agreement through well-justified and pragmatic argument.
- Ability to structure, record and communicate knowledge clearly and consistently.
- Ability to foster strong team working and mentor other Engineers to develop their capabilities in hydraulic equipment design
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
Posting date: 03.09.2018
Closing date: 31.12.2018
o Excellent competitive salary with yearly reviews
o Total remuneration package made up of Basic Salary, Performance Bonus & Success Sharing
o 25 days holiday (Ability to buy 35 additional hours) plus bank holidays
o Pension Scheme Defined contribution pension scheme with scale matching contribution
o Flexible Benefits based on grade – Multiple options including health care and car options
o Flexible working hours & practices (including Friday half-day)
o Onsite social clubs
o Strong career development opportunities (learning path, opportunities to move internally, UK wide and internationally)
Click here to watch an interesting video