AIRBUS Defence and Space Limited
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Payload System Engineer – Earth Observation
Please apply for this vacancy online at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus in Portsmouth have an exciting opportunity for a Payload System Engineer to join the Radar & Microwave Department, focusing on Earth Observation. This role would be a great next step for a Systems Engineer with an electrical engineering background or an Electrical Engineer looking to develop their career within systems engineering.
As a key member of the team you will be involved in all aspects of the work undertaken by the team -
· Interpreting customer requirements to define system architectures for spacecraft instrumentation
· Performing the functional analysis & decomposition of performance requirements
· Management of these requirements for trace-ability and verification control
· Contribute to model philosophy and developing robust technical solutions.
· Developing and implementing strategies for testing and verification for key functional performance for successful project delivery
· Combining your technical skills with great interpersonal communication
· Lead & motivate the engineering team to ensure costs are controlled and deadlines are achieved
· Demonstrable superior presentation skills to team, stakeholders and wider management team
· Track record in product analysis, design and development
· Understanding of electronic design and analysis with a focus on digital electronics microprocessors, FPGA/ASIC, low frequency precision analogue, power electronics and DC/DC conversion (up to ~200W)
· Knowledge of embedded software (real time) - Desirable
· Background in spacecraft/aeronautical design experience - Desirable
· Technical management experience potentially using Matlab, ADS and DOORS
· Team management in a similar environment with understanding of the technical & commercial requirements of project work
· Flexible approach to travel as required
· Able to attain the required security clearance for this role
· Degree education in electronics or equivalent, with hardware development experience,
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process – you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.#VictoriaLinkedInJob
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.