Airbus Defence and Space Getafe (ex Cassidian)
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of Airbus Group formed by combining the business activities of Cassidian, Astrium and Airbus Military. The new division is Europe’s number one defence and space enterprise, the second largest space business worldwide and among the top ten global defence enterprises. It employs some 40,000 employees generating revenues of approximately €14 billion per year.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a MIDS Systems Rig Test engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Getafe (Madrid). You will join the TAE Department (TAEMC1).
You will work hands-on in several MIDS Rigs associated to the different AD&S platforms (Eurofighter, A400M, Derivatives, L&M and Technological projects) to test all MIDS functionality and associated HMI in line with official program requirements, perform assessment of results, investigation of issues and creation of associated reporting.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Creation/adaptation of MIDS and other Tactical Data Links (TDLs) Rig Test Procedures to the changing requirements from the customers
· Creation and maintenance of MIDS and other TDLs Rig Datasets required for testing (Mission Data, Track scenarios, automatic scripts, MaTE/SEAS files, etc)
· Sw loading and Mission Data (MIDS Init Data) loading onto rig equipment
· Management of Rig configuration control (Hw-Sw-TPs vs program requirements)
· Real time MIDS and other TDLs Test Execution on rig, including Risk Reduction phases, Qualification Phases and Certification Phases
· Download Recorded Data from rig
· Test results analysis and management of problem investigation and reporting activities
· Creation of Test Results documentation
· Management and control of requirements traceability vs tests
· Support to other departments in rig maintenance activities and clearance documentation
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Educated to Aeronautical, Telecommunications or Electronics university engineering degree.
· At least 2 years of experience in Integration Testing at Rig/Lab level is required in any AVS system
· Deep knowledge of L16 protocols and standards (STANAG 5516, MIL-STD-6016, etc)
· Deep knowledge of MIDS LVT specification and ICDs (SSS, Hw ICD and Sw ICD)
· At least 2 years of experience in MIDS Testing at Rig/Lab level is required
· Knowledge of MIL_STD-1553, Ethernet and ARINC429 buses
· Experience in TIGER, TACTX, MANDRIL, PUMA, LINCE, PARAVIEW, etc
· Experience in Test Support Systems, specially MaTE and SEAS, is highly recommended
· Experience in Standard Laboratory Test Equipment (Data Bus analysers, Ethernet sniffers, etc, and eventually Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analysers, Multimeters, etc)
· Technical negotiation level in English and Spanish.
· Highly focused in complying with timescales and milestones
· Open minded to offer new ideas for improving processes and tools
· Experience in other aircraft systems will be a plus
· Experience in systems qualification lifecycle is a plus
· NATO Secret clearance is mandatory.
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).